Mar 7, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT
Congratulations to the Penticton Vees of the BCHL, who set a junior hockey record last night with their 41st consecutive victory, breaking the mark held by both the 1989-90 Sudbury Cubs and 1999-00 Rayside-Balfour Sabrecats.
To notch their 41st W in a row, the Vees had to squeak out a 10-0 decision over the Trail Smoke Eaters
in a game that was a lot closer than the final score suggested.
“It’s unbelievable. Not many people get to do this and not many people achieve this,” Vees defenseman Mike Reilly said. “It’s something that’s never going to happen again in your life, so we’re just kinda taking it all in and going day by day with it.”
The Penticton junior team (it’s been known as the Vees, Broncos, Knights and Panthers) boasts a number of former and current NHL stars on its list of alumni, including Brett Hull, Paul Kariya, Duncan Keith, Ray Ferraro, Andy Moog, Brendan Morrison, and, of course, Tanner Glass.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally with at MSG 8
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 17
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51