Mar 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Since Dale Hunter has taken over for Bruce Boudreau behind the Washington bench, one player that’s been phased out of action for the Caps is fan-favorite Mike Knuble.
Knuble’s been a healthy scratch more often than not lately, and with the team losing, some fans calling themselves “Knuble’s Knights” brought signs of protest to the game. However, they were soon told to take them down.
With one sign reading “Free Knuble” and the other reading “Scratch Hunter” you can see where this might make just about everyone on the team uncomfortable. Katie Carrera of The Washington Post explains what happened during the team’s warmups.
According to a Capitals spokesman, three players saw the signs during warmups and asked that they be taken down. They were primarily concerned with the sign that read “Scratch Hunter,” the spokesman said.
Things are ugly in Washington and Knuble hasn’t been very good. Still, seeing how the players got this bothered by a couple of signs that said mostly harmless things makes you wonder what life’s like in that locker room (Hint: It’s probably not a lot of fun).
(Photo courtesy of Knuble’s Knights via Twitter)
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)