Mar 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Since Dale Hunter has taken over for Bruce Boudreau behind the Washington bench, one player that’s been phased out of action for the Caps is fan-favorite Mike Knuble.
Knuble’s been a healthy scratch more often than not lately, and with the team losing, some fans calling themselves “Knuble’s Knights” brought signs of protest to the game. However, they were soon told to take them down.
With one sign reading “Free Knuble” and the other reading “Scratch Hunter” you can see where this might make just about everyone on the team uncomfortable. Katie Carrera of The Washington Post explains what happened during the team’s warmups.
According to a Capitals spokesman, three players saw the signs during warmups and asked that they be taken down. They were primarily concerned with the sign that read “Scratch Hunter,” the spokesman said.
Things are ugly in Washington and Knuble hasn’t been very good. Still, seeing how the players got this bothered by a couple of signs that said mostly harmless things makes you wonder what life’s like in that locker room (Hint: It’s probably not a lot of fun).
(Photo courtesy of Knuble’s Knights via Twitter)
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 0
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 13
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 30
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 14
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)