Mar 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Since Dale Hunter has taken over for Bruce Boudreau behind the Washington bench, one player that’s been phased out of action for the Caps is fan-favorite Mike Knuble.
Knuble’s been a healthy scratch more often than not lately, and with the team losing, some fans calling themselves “Knuble’s Knights” brought signs of protest to the game. However, they were soon told to take them down.
With one sign reading “Free Knuble” and the other reading “Scratch Hunter” you can see where this might make just about everyone on the team uncomfortable. Katie Carrera of The Washington Post explains what happened during the team’s warmups.
According to a Capitals spokesman, three players saw the signs during warmups and asked that they be taken down. They were primarily concerned with the sign that read “Scratch Hunter,” the spokesman said.
Things are ugly in Washington and Knuble hasn’t been very good. Still, seeing how the players got this bothered by a couple of signs that said mostly harmless things makes you wonder what life’s like in that locker room (Hint: It’s probably not a lot of fun).
(Photo courtesy of Knuble’s Knights via Twitter)
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKesyer to two-year, $4.375M extension 1
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12