Mar 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Since Dale Hunter has taken over for Bruce Boudreau behind the Washington bench, one player that’s been phased out of action for the Caps is fan-favorite Mike Knuble.
Knuble’s been a healthy scratch more often than not lately, and with the team losing, some fans calling themselves “Knuble’s Knights” brought signs of protest to the game. However, they were soon told to take them down.
With one sign reading “Free Knuble” and the other reading “Scratch Hunter” you can see where this might make just about everyone on the team uncomfortable. Katie Carrera of The Washington Post explains what happened during the team’s warmups.
According to a Capitals spokesman, three players saw the signs during warmups and asked that they be taken down. They were primarily concerned with the sign that read “Scratch Hunter,” the spokesman said.
Things are ugly in Washington and Knuble hasn’t been very good. Still, seeing how the players got this bothered by a couple of signs that said mostly harmless things makes you wonder what life’s like in that locker room (Hint: It’s probably not a lot of fun).
(Photo courtesy of Knuble’s Knights via Twitter)
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)