Mar 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Since Dale Hunter has taken over for Bruce Boudreau behind the Washington bench, one player that’s been phased out of action for the Caps is fan-favorite Mike Knuble.
Knuble’s been a healthy scratch more often than not lately, and with the team losing, some fans calling themselves “Knuble’s Knights“ brought signs of protest to the game. However, they were soon told to take them down.
With one sign reading “Free Knuble” and the other reading “Scratch Hunter” you can see where this might make just about everyone on the team uncomfortable. Katie Carrera of The Washington Post explains what happened during the team’s warmups.
According to a Capitals spokesman, three players saw the signs during warmups and asked that they be taken down. They were primarily concerned with the sign that read “Scratch Hunter,” the spokesman said.
Things are ugly in Washington and Knuble hasn’t been very good. Still, seeing how the players got this bothered by a couple of signs that said mostly harmless things makes you wonder what life’s like in that locker room (Hint: It’s probably not a lot of fun).
(Photo courtesy of Knuble’s Knights via Twitter)
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)