Mar 6, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
According to various reports, it sounds as though New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan will return to the lineup tonight when the Blueshirts visit Atlantic Division rival New Jersey.
Callahan has missed the last three games — a 3-2 win over Carolina, a 4-3 OT loss to Tampa Bay and Sunday’s big 4-3 win over the Bruins — after blocking a shot in a 2-0 win over the Devils on Feb. 27. He proceeded to participate in his first full skate on Tuesday morning and told Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record he’ll be a game-time decision, with Gross saying it would be a “shocker” if he’s not in the lineup.
Callahan, 26, is enjoying a career year with the Rangers. He’s already posted a career high in goals (25) and is two points away from setting a career high of 49. The first-year captain leads all New York forwards in time on ice per game (20:48), power-play goals (11), game-winning goals (seven), hits (222) and blocked shots (67).
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 6
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)