Mar 6, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
According to various reports, it sounds as though New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan will return to the lineup tonight when the Blueshirts visit Atlantic Division rival New Jersey.
Callahan has missed the last three games — a 3-2 win over Carolina, a 4-3 OT loss to Tampa Bay and Sunday’s big 4-3 win over the Bruins — after blocking a shot in a 2-0 win over the Devils on Feb. 27. He proceeded to participate in his first full skate on Tuesday morning and told Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record he’ll be a game-time decision, with Gross saying it would be a “shocker” if he’s not in the lineup.
Callahan, 26, is enjoying a career year with the Rangers. He’s already posted a career high in goals (25) and is two points away from setting a career high of 49. The first-year captain leads all New York forwards in time on ice per game (20:48), power-play goals (11), game-winning goals (seven), hits (222) and blocked shots (67).
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)