Mar 6, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
According to various reports, it sounds as though New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan will return to the lineup tonight when the Blueshirts visit Atlantic Division rival New Jersey.
Callahan has missed the last three games — a 3-2 win over Carolina, a 4-3 OT loss to Tampa Bay and Sunday’s big 4-3 win over the Bruins — after blocking a shot in a 2-0 win over the Devils on Feb. 27. He proceeded to participate in his first full skate on Tuesday morning and told Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record he’ll be a game-time decision, with Gross saying it would be a “shocker” if he’s not in the lineup.
Callahan, 26, is enjoying a career year with the Rangers. He’s already posted a career high in goals (25) and is two points away from setting a career high of 49. The first-year captain leads all New York forwards in time on ice per game (20:48), power-play goals (11), game-winning goals (seven), hits (222) and blocked shots (67).
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24