Mar 6, 2012, 1:12 PM EST
According to various reports, it sounds as though New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan will return to the lineup tonight when the Blueshirts visit Atlantic Division rival New Jersey.
Callahan has missed the last three games — a 3-2 win over Carolina, a 4-3 OT loss to Tampa Bay and Sunday’s big 4-3 win over the Bruins — after blocking a shot in a 2-0 win over the Devils on Feb. 27. He proceeded to participate in his first full skate on Tuesday morning and told Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record he’ll be a game-time decision, with Gross saying it would be a “shocker” if he’s not in the lineup.
Callahan, 26, is enjoying a career year with the Rangers. He’s already posted a career high in goals (25) and is two points away from setting a career high of 49. The first-year captain leads all New York forwards in time on ice per game (20:48), power-play goals (11), game-winning goals (seven), hits (222) and blocked shots (67).
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 40
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)