Mar 6, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
According to various reports, it sounds as though New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan will return to the lineup tonight when the Blueshirts visit Atlantic Division rival New Jersey.
Callahan has missed the last three games — a 3-2 win over Carolina, a 4-3 OT loss to Tampa Bay and Sunday’s big 4-3 win over the Bruins — after blocking a shot in a 2-0 win over the Devils on Feb. 27. He proceeded to participate in his first full skate on Tuesday morning and told Andrew Gross of the Bergen Record he’ll be a game-time decision, with Gross saying it would be a “shocker” if he’s not in the lineup.
Callahan, 26, is enjoying a career year with the Rangers. He’s already posted a career high in goals (25) and is two points away from setting a career high of 49. The first-year captain leads all New York forwards in time on ice per game (20:48), power-play goals (11), game-winning goals (seven), hits (222) and blocked shots (67).
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)