Mar 6, 2012, 11:30 PM EST
Just about everything seemed to be going right for the Colorado Avalanche tonight. Sure, the Minnesota Wild are in nosedive mode, but the bottom line is that the Avs are doing what they need to do – and more – in what ended up being a 7-1 beating.
Unfortunately for Colorado,a nice win on national TV might cost the team its streaky young star Matt Duchene. The 21-year-old forward needed help to get off the ice after an unlucky accident in which he locked skates with Minnesota Wild Nick Palmieri
The way his leg moved, it certainly didn’t look good, either. Check out video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Adrian Dater provides a medium update: it is a right ankle injury, but a “prognosis” won’t come until tomorrow.
Duchene might not be the most consistent offensive performer, but when he’s on his game, the third overall selection of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft is one of the NHL’s flashiest forces. Losing his touch could be a brutal blow for an Avalanche team stuck in a rugged playoff bubble battle out West.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)