Mar 6, 2012, 2:57 PM EDT
There’s no sugarcoating it – the Boston Bruins own the Toronto Maple Leafs. The last four times the teams have met, the B’s have outscored the Buds by a combined 23-6 margin.
Tonight the two sides renew acquaintances at the Air Canada Centre, and new Leafs coach Randy Carlyle knows his team can’t get humiliated again.
“We’re playing against the Stanley Cup champions. We know what kind of hockey club they have. We know the record that we have had against them. That to some degree is embarrassing,” Carlyle told reporters this morning.
“The message is that we better be prepared to play the type of hockey that is going to be necessary to win the little battles or we’re going to be embarrassed. And we can’t be embarrassed in our own building.”
Jonas Gustavsson will make his third straight start in goal for the Leafs. The Bruins pumped five past the Monster in a 6-3 Boston win on Nov. 30 at the ACC.
The Leafs sit 12th in the Eastern Conference, five points back of eighth-place Winnipeg.
Meanwhile, the home team isn’t the only one that could use a win. The B’s have lost two straight and are a troubling 10-12-2 since Jan. 14.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)