Mar 6, 2012, 8:37 PM EST
The Boston Bruins-Toronto Maple Leafs game already carried potential for serious damage, but that mostly seemed in the form of the Buds’ playoff hopes. Instead, it’s been a more direct, literal way, as the game already provided a significant amount of bumps and bruises.
- Joffrey Lupul reportedly left the ice favoring his right wrist after a hard hit by – you probably didn’t guess it – David Krejci.
- TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports that Matthew Lombardi also went to the locker room for an unclear reason, but returned later.
- James Mirtle Tweets that Colby Armstrong was left bloodied during the game.
Obviously, losing Lupul would be far-and-away the biggest deal. (Losing Lupul would be about the only thing worse than dropping the game, I’d imagine.)
Then again, it would totally take care of that “awkwardness with Randy Carlyle” angle for a bit, right? Silver linings.
The Bruins’ injury updates are related to previous incidents instead of tonight’s events, however. Fluto Shinzawa reports that a) Nathan Horton hasn’t resumed skating and b) Tuukka Rask‘s injury will likely keep him out closer to six weeks than four. Ouch.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 13
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 15
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)