Mar 6, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins-Toronto Maple Leafs game already carried potential for serious damage, but that mostly seemed in the form of the Buds’ playoff hopes. Instead, it’s been a more direct, literal way, as the game already provided a significant amount of bumps and bruises.
- Joffrey Lupul reportedly left the ice favoring his right wrist after a hard hit by – you probably didn’t guess it – David Krejci.
- TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports that Matthew Lombardi also went to the locker room for an unclear reason, but returned later.
- James Mirtle Tweets that Colby Armstrong was left bloodied during the game.
Obviously, losing Lupul would be far-and-away the biggest deal. (Losing Lupul would be about the only thing worse than dropping the game, I’d imagine.)
Then again, it would totally take care of that “awkwardness with Randy Carlyle” angle for a bit, right? Silver linings.
The Bruins’ injury updates are related to previous incidents instead of tonight’s events, however. Fluto Shinzawa reports that a) Nathan Horton hasn’t resumed skating and b) Tuukka Rask‘s injury will likely keep him out closer to six weeks than four. Ouch.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 42
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)