Mar 6, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins-Toronto Maple Leafs game already carried potential for serious damage, but that mostly seemed in the form of the Buds’ playoff hopes. Instead, it’s been a more direct, literal way, as the game already provided a significant amount of bumps and bruises.
- Joffrey Lupul reportedly left the ice favoring his right wrist after a hard hit by – you probably didn’t guess it – David Krejci.
- TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports that Matthew Lombardi also went to the locker room for an unclear reason, but returned later.
- James Mirtle Tweets that Colby Armstrong was left bloodied during the game.
Obviously, losing Lupul would be far-and-away the biggest deal. (Losing Lupul would be about the only thing worse than dropping the game, I’d imagine.)
Then again, it would totally take care of that “awkwardness with Randy Carlyle” angle for a bit, right? Silver linings.
The Bruins’ injury updates are related to previous incidents instead of tonight’s events, however. Fluto Shinzawa reports that a) Nathan Horton hasn’t resumed skating and b) Tuukka Rask‘s injury will likely keep him out closer to six weeks than four. Ouch.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45