Mar 6, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins-Toronto Maple Leafs game already carried potential for serious damage, but that mostly seemed in the form of the Buds’ playoff hopes. Instead, it’s been a more direct, literal way, as the game already provided a significant amount of bumps and bruises.
- Joffrey Lupul reportedly left the ice favoring his right wrist after a hard hit by – you probably didn’t guess it – David Krejci.
- TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports that Matthew Lombardi also went to the locker room for an unclear reason, but returned later.
- James Mirtle Tweets that Colby Armstrong was left bloodied during the game.
Obviously, losing Lupul would be far-and-away the biggest deal. (Losing Lupul would be about the only thing worse than dropping the game, I’d imagine.)
Then again, it would totally take care of that “awkwardness with Randy Carlyle” angle for a bit, right? Silver linings.
The Bruins’ injury updates are related to previous incidents instead of tonight’s events, however. Fluto Shinzawa reports that a) Nathan Horton hasn’t resumed skating and b) Tuukka Rask‘s injury will likely keep him out closer to six weeks than four. Ouch.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (62)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)