Mar 6, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s stay in Philadelphia has been about as splendid as any reasonable person could expect. Unfortunately, he’s “fitting in” with his Flyers teammates by regularly showing up in injury reports.
The latest ailment appears to be a hip injury, which the team describes as a day-to-day issue.
Little day-to-day tweaks have been a pain for Jagr and the Flyers this season. A nagging groin injury was the primary cause of his woes, but the bottom line is that he already missed nine contests with smaller problems. It makes you wonder if the team might give some pause to re-signing the 40-year-old veteran, especially if Jagr demands a two-year deal.
In other Flyers injury news, the team reports that Jakub Voracek received stitches to his “upper and lower mouth area” and much like Jagr, he’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday. It’s tough not to think “concussion” when you watch that mind-blowing hit via the freight train known as Niklas Kronwall, but we’ll need to wait and see.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (56)