Mar 6, 2012, 10:32 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr‘s stay in Philadelphia has been about as splendid as any reasonable person could expect. Unfortunately, he’s “fitting in” with his Flyers teammates by regularly showing up in injury reports.
The latest ailment appears to be a hip injury, which the team describes as a day-to-day issue.
Little day-to-day tweaks have been a pain for Jagr and the Flyers this season. A nagging groin injury was the primary cause of his woes, but the bottom line is that he already missed nine contests with smaller problems. It makes you wonder if the team might give some pause to re-signing the 40-year-old veteran, especially if Jagr demands a two-year deal.
In other Flyers injury news, the team reports that Jakub Voracek received stitches to his “upper and lower mouth area” and much like Jagr, he’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday. It’s tough not to think “concussion” when you watch that mind-blowing hit via the freight train known as Niklas Kronwall, but we’ll need to wait and see.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)