Mar 6, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s stay in Philadelphia has been about as splendid as any reasonable person could expect. Unfortunately, he’s “fitting in” with his Flyers teammates by regularly showing up in injury reports.
The latest ailment appears to be a hip injury, which the team describes as a day-to-day issue.
Little day-to-day tweaks have been a pain for Jagr and the Flyers this season. A nagging groin injury was the primary cause of his woes, but the bottom line is that he already missed nine contests with smaller problems. It makes you wonder if the team might give some pause to re-signing the 40-year-old veteran, especially if Jagr demands a two-year deal.
In other Flyers injury news, the team reports that Jakub Voracek received stitches to his “upper and lower mouth area” and much like Jagr, he’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday. It’s tough not to think “concussion” when you watch that mind-blowing hit via the freight train known as Niklas Kronwall, but we’ll need to wait and see.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)