Mar 6, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr‘s stay in Philadelphia has been about as splendid as any reasonable person could expect. Unfortunately, he’s “fitting in” with his Flyers teammates by regularly showing up in injury reports.
The latest ailment appears to be a hip injury, which the team describes as a day-to-day issue.
Little day-to-day tweaks have been a pain for Jagr and the Flyers this season. A nagging groin injury was the primary cause of his woes, but the bottom line is that he already missed nine contests with smaller problems. It makes you wonder if the team might give some pause to re-signing the 40-year-old veteran, especially if Jagr demands a two-year deal.
In other Flyers injury news, the team reports that Jakub Voracek received stitches to his “upper and lower mouth area” and much like Jagr, he’ll be re-evaluated on Wednesday. It’s tough not to think “concussion” when you watch that mind-blowing hit via the freight train known as Niklas Kronwall, but we’ll need to wait and see.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 0
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 3
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 57
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (57)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)