Mar 6, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
With the Dallas Stars in Vancouver tonight to play the Canucks, hockey fans could be treated to the latest chapter of the Vernon Fiddler–Kevin Bieksa feud that came to a head Feb. 26 with…a hilarious impression.
Fiddler was asked this morning about the now-infamous angry face that Canucks coach Alain Vigneault so enjoyed.
“Obviously it hurt the caveman’s feelings a little, and he was talking about it, but it’s the game within the game,” Fiddler told reporters.
By the way, there’s history behind the hostility. It was Fiddler’s skate that slashed Bieksa’s calf in 2007, an ugly injury that cost the Canuck defenseman half a season.
“He was the guy who cut me open and then chirped me after about it,” Bieksa said on Feb. 26. “Class act.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)