Mar 6, 2012, 5:10 PM EST
With the Dallas Stars in Vancouver tonight to play the Canucks, hockey fans could be treated to the latest chapter of the Vernon Fiddler-Kevin Bieksa feud that came to a head Feb. 26 with…a hilarious impression.
Fiddler was asked this morning about the now-infamous angry face that Canucks coach Alain Vigneault so enjoyed.
“Obviously it hurt the caveman’s feelings a little, and he was talking about it, but it’s the game within the game,” Fiddler told reporters.
By the way, there’s history behind the hostility. It was Fiddler’s skate that slashed Bieksa’s calf in 2007, an ugly injury that cost the Canuck defenseman half a season.
“He was the guy who cut me open and then chirped me after about it,” Bieksa said on Feb. 26. “Class act.”
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 11
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11