Mar 6, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
With the Dallas Stars in Vancouver tonight to play the Canucks, hockey fans could be treated to the latest chapter of the Vernon Fiddler-Kevin Bieksa feud that came to a head Feb. 26 with…a hilarious impression.
Fiddler was asked this morning about the now-infamous angry face that Canucks coach Alain Vigneault so enjoyed.
“Obviously it hurt the caveman’s feelings a little, and he was talking about it, but it’s the game within the game,” Fiddler told reporters.
By the way, there’s history behind the hostility. It was Fiddler’s skate that slashed Bieksa’s calf in 2007, an ugly injury that cost the Canuck defenseman half a season.
“He was the guy who cut me open and then chirped me after about it,” Bieksa said on Feb. 26. “Class act.”
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22