Mar 6, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
With the Dallas Stars in Vancouver tonight to play the Canucks, hockey fans could be treated to the latest chapter of the Vernon Fiddler-Kevin Bieksa feud that came to a head Feb. 26 with…a hilarious impression.
Fiddler was asked this morning about the now-infamous angry face that Canucks coach Alain Vigneault so enjoyed.
“Obviously it hurt the caveman’s feelings a little, and he was talking about it, but it’s the game within the game,” Fiddler told reporters.
By the way, there’s history behind the hostility. It was Fiddler’s skate that slashed Bieksa’s calf in 2007, an ugly injury that cost the Canuck defenseman half a season.
“He was the guy who cut me open and then chirped me after about it,” Bieksa said on Feb. 26. “Class act.”
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)