Mar 6, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
According to Dave Molinari of the Post-Gazette, Crosby said he could play in a “matter of days,” provided there are no setbacks. But if he does return, it will be “no sooner than Sunday” when the Penguins host Boston.
Crosby (soft-tissue neck injury) declared he’s been symptom-free for a few days now.
“I’ve been through this before,” he said. “Contact is the big step. It’s nice to be symptom free, but it’s not as fulfilling until you get out there. I just want to make sure that I take the right steps here and get back out there soon
…“There were a lot of bumps [during today’s practice]. As soon as they knew I could get contact I was getting a lot of bumps, not even in drills. The lineup was a dangerous place to be today. It was fun to be out there with them and hopefully it’s a regular occurrence.”
…“I don’t think you’ll ever get what you’ll get in the game. There are the odd times in practice where that may happen. But as far as getting an elbow to the head or shoulder to the face, that won’t really happen in practice.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 1
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 37
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 46
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 54
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)