Mar 6, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
According to Dave Molinari of the Post-Gazette, Crosby said he could play in a “matter of days,” provided there are no setbacks. But if he does return, it will be “no sooner than Sunday” when the Penguins host Boston.
Crosby (soft-tissue neck injury) declared he’s been symptom-free for a few days now.
“I’ve been through this before,” he said. “Contact is the big step. It’s nice to be symptom free, but it’s not as fulfilling until you get out there. I just want to make sure that I take the right steps here and get back out there soon
…“There were a lot of bumps [during today's practice]. As soon as they knew I could get contact I was getting a lot of bumps, not even in drills. The lineup was a dangerous place to be today. It was fun to be out there with them and hopefully it’s a regular occurrence.”
…“I don’t think you’ll ever get what you’ll get in the game. There are the odd times in practice where that may happen. But as far as getting an elbow to the head or shoulder to the face, that won’t really happen in practice.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54