Mar 6, 2012, 12:45 PM EDT
According to Dave Molinari of the Post-Gazette, Crosby said he could play in a “matter of days,” provided there are no setbacks. But if he does return, it will be “no sooner than Sunday” when the Penguins host Boston.
Crosby (soft-tissue neck injury) declared he’s been symptom-free for a few days now.
“I’ve been through this before,” he said. “Contact is the big step. It’s nice to be symptom free, but it’s not as fulfilling until you get out there. I just want to make sure that I take the right steps here and get back out there soon
…“There were a lot of bumps [during today’s practice]. As soon as they knew I could get contact I was getting a lot of bumps, not even in drills. The lineup was a dangerous place to be today. It was fun to be out there with them and hopefully it’s a regular occurrence.”
…“I don’t think you’ll ever get what you’ll get in the game. There are the odd times in practice where that may happen. But as far as getting an elbow to the head or shoulder to the face, that won’t really happen in practice.”This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (92)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)