Mar 6, 2012, 6:56 PM EST
Boston GM Peter Chiarelli says there’s a 50/50 chance veteran goalie Marty Turco will make it through waivers and join the Bruins tomorrow, reports CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
If Turco is claimed, Chiarelli says the No. 2 role will likely fall to Anton Khudobin, though the Providence stopper will need a few more weeks to recover from a wrist injury.
Michael Hutchinson has been backing up Tim Thomas since Rask went out.
As for which team might claim Turco, there are a few candidates; however, Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes confirms it won’t be Ottawa. There was speculation the Senators could call dibs, if only to make life harder for the team they’re chasing in the Northeast Division.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)