Mar 6, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Boston GM Peter Chiarelli says there’s a 50/50 chance veteran goalie Marty Turco will make it through waivers and join the Bruins tomorrow, reports CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
If Turco is claimed, Chiarelli says the No. 2 role will likely fall to Anton Khudobin, though the Providence stopper will need a few more weeks to recover from a wrist injury.
Michael Hutchinson has been backing up Tim Thomas since Rask went out.
As for which team might claim Turco, there are a few candidates; however, Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes confirms it won’t be Ottawa. There was speculation the Senators could call dibs, if only to make life harder for the team they’re chasing in the Northeast Division.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)