Mar 6, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Boston GM Peter Chiarelli says there’s a 50/50 chance veteran goalie Marty Turco will make it through waivers and join the Bruins tomorrow, reports CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
If Turco is claimed, Chiarelli says the No. 2 role will likely fall to Anton Khudobin, though the Providence stopper will need a few more weeks to recover from a wrist injury.
Michael Hutchinson has been backing up Tim Thomas since Rask went out.
As for which team might claim Turco, there are a few candidates; however, Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes confirms it won’t be Ottawa. There was speculation the Senators could call dibs, if only to make life harder for the team they’re chasing in the Northeast Division.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5