Mar 6, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Boston GM Peter Chiarelli says there’s a 50/50 chance veteran goalie Marty Turco will make it through waivers and join the Bruins tomorrow, reports CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
If Turco is claimed, Chiarelli says the No. 2 role will likely fall to Anton Khudobin, though the Providence stopper will need a few more weeks to recover from a wrist injury.
Michael Hutchinson has been backing up Tim Thomas since Rask went out.
As for which team might claim Turco, there are a few candidates; however, Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes confirms it won’t be Ottawa. There was speculation the Senators could call dibs, if only to make life harder for the team they’re chasing in the Northeast Division.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (57)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)