Mar 6, 2012, 6:56 PM EST
Boston GM Peter Chiarelli says there’s a 50/50 chance veteran goalie Marty Turco will make it through waivers and join the Bruins tomorrow, reports CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
If Turco is claimed, Chiarelli says the No. 2 role will likely fall to Anton Khudobin, though the Providence stopper will need a few more weeks to recover from a wrist injury.
Michael Hutchinson has been backing up Tim Thomas since Rask went out.
As for which team might claim Turco, there are a few candidates; however, Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes confirms it won’t be Ottawa. There was speculation the Senators could call dibs, if only to make life harder for the team they’re chasing in the Northeast Division.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 1
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)