Mar 5, 2012, 4:36 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville sounded optimistic on Monday when addressing the status of Jonathan Toews (concussion).
“”He had a good day off the ice today,” Quenneville told the Chicago Sun-Times. “He worked out and was fine. We’re hopeful that [his return] is soon.
“I can’t give you an ideal date, but today is encouraging.”
Toews has missed seven consecutive contests with what’s now being called a concussion, though it should be mentioned the ‘Hawks official website is still classifying it as an “upper-body injury.”
He’ll miss his eighth game Tuesday in St. Louis and given that he’s yet to resume skating, it’s likely Toews will miss Friday’s home date with the Rangers as well.
As for specifics about Toews condition? Ha, good luck. Quenneville was adamant Toews’ car accident on Feb. 23 had nothing to do with his current condition — “I don’t think it has anything to do with where we’re at,” he said — and there’s still no confirmation of a report claiming the 23-year-old suffered the injury on Feb. 10 against San Jose and proceeded to play five games with a concussion.
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 1
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 30
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 17
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 35
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)