Mar 5, 2012, 9:05 PM EST
There weren’t many “sellers” during the 2012 trade deadline, but Steve Yzerman’s Tampa Bay Lightning embraced that role with aplomb.
So, naturally … the Lightning are rapidly ascending the Eastern Conference standings to the point that they actually have a legitimate chance at a playoff berth. Wait, what now?
Steven Stamkos‘ superhuman goal scoring ways are spearheading a four-game winning streak, leaving the Lightning in 10th place with 68 points. Surely Tampa Bay is eagerly watching NBC Sports Network’s current game between the Buffalo Sabres (11th place, 68 points) and Winnipeg Jets (eighth place, 70 points), but the hockey world is taking note of the Bolts, as you can see from the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 26
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)