Mar 5, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
There weren’t many “sellers” during the 2012 trade deadline, but Steve Yzerman’s Tampa Bay Lightning embraced that role with aplomb.
So, naturally … the Lightning are rapidly ascending the Eastern Conference standings to the point that they actually have a legitimate chance at a playoff berth. Wait, what now?
Steven Stamkos‘ superhuman goal scoring ways are spearheading a four-game winning streak, leaving the Lightning in 10th place with 68 points. Surely Tampa Bay is eagerly watching NBC Sports Network’s current game between the Buffalo Sabres (11th place, 68 points) and Winnipeg Jets (eighth place, 70 points), but the hockey world is taking note of the Bolts, as you can see from the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)