Mar 5, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
There weren’t many “sellers” during the 2012 trade deadline, but Steve Yzerman’s Tampa Bay Lightning embraced that role with aplomb.
So, naturally … the Lightning are rapidly ascending the Eastern Conference standings to the point that they actually have a legitimate chance at a playoff berth. Wait, what now?
Steven Stamkos‘ superhuman goal scoring ways are spearheading a four-game winning streak, leaving the Lightning in 10th place with 68 points. Surely Tampa Bay is eagerly watching NBC Sports Network’s current game between the Buffalo Sabres (11th place, 68 points) and Winnipeg Jets (eighth place, 70 points), but the hockey world is taking note of the Bolts, as you can see from the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 0
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)