Mar 5, 2012, 9:05 PM EST
There weren’t many “sellers” during the 2012 trade deadline, but Steve Yzerman’s Tampa Bay Lightning embraced that role with aplomb.
So, naturally … the Lightning are rapidly ascending the Eastern Conference standings to the point that they actually have a legitimate chance at a playoff berth. Wait, what now?
Steven Stamkos‘ superhuman goal scoring ways are spearheading a four-game winning streak, leaving the Lightning in 10th place with 68 points. Surely Tampa Bay is eagerly watching NBC Sports Network’s current game between the Buffalo Sabres (11th place, 68 points) and Winnipeg Jets (eighth place, 70 points), but the hockey world is taking note of the Bolts, as you can see from the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 4
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 4
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 20
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 9
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)