Mar 5, 2012, 9:33 PM EDT
When Craig Anderson sliced his finger preparing some food, he made a consistently fascinating Ottawa Senators season that much more interesting. After all, his status as the go-to goalie was arguably the only sure-thing for Ottawa entering this uncertain (and entertaining) season.
That injury prompted Senators GM Bryan Murray to cough up a second-rounder to get St. Louis Blues backup/third goalie Ben Bishop, but the big goalie hasn’t had a chance to shine because Robin Lehner seized his own opportunity.
(Bishop probably felt a familiar sensation as the Blues’ backup Brian Elliott managed an All-Star nod in front of him in St. Louis.)
It appears that big Bishop will get his shot this week, however, as the Senators called him up while demoting Lehner to the AHL.
Of course, there’s always the chance that Ottawa might claim Marty Turco to give the team a little added security, which would be fitting and frustrating for Bishop. (At least he got a contract extension through next season to give him a little comfort, though.)
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)