Mar 5, 2012, 9:33 PM EDT
When Craig Anderson sliced his finger preparing some food, he made a consistently fascinating Ottawa Senators season that much more interesting. After all, his status as the go-to goalie was arguably the only sure-thing for Ottawa entering this uncertain (and entertaining) season.
That injury prompted Senators GM Bryan Murray to cough up a second-rounder to get St. Louis Blues backup/third goalie Ben Bishop, but the big goalie hasn’t had a chance to shine because Robin Lehner seized his own opportunity.
(Bishop probably felt a familiar sensation as the Blues’ backup Brian Elliott managed an All-Star nod in front of him in St. Louis.)
It appears that big Bishop will get his shot this week, however, as the Senators called him up while demoting Lehner to the AHL.
Of course, there’s always the chance that Ottawa might claim Marty Turco to give the team a little added security, which would be fitting and frustrating for Bishop. (At least he got a contract extension through next season to give him a little comfort, though.)
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)