Mar 5, 2012, 9:33 PM EDT
When Craig Anderson sliced his finger preparing some food, he made a consistently fascinating Ottawa Senators season that much more interesting. After all, his status as the go-to goalie was arguably the only sure-thing for Ottawa entering this uncertain (and entertaining) season.
That injury prompted Senators GM Bryan Murray to cough up a second-rounder to get St. Louis Blues backup/third goalie Ben Bishop, but the big goalie hasn’t had a chance to shine because Robin Lehner seized his own opportunity.
(Bishop probably felt a familiar sensation as the Blues’ backup Brian Elliott managed an All-Star nod in front of him in St. Louis.)
It appears that big Bishop will get his shot this week, however, as the Senators called him up while demoting Lehner to the AHL.
Of course, there’s always the chance that Ottawa might claim Marty Turco to give the team a little added security, which would be fitting and frustrating for Bishop. (At least he got a contract extension through next season to give him a little comfort, though.)
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 45
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 74
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63