Mar 5, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
The late part of the season is proving to be a tough time for Taylor Hall in his NHL career. Last season he wound up being knocked out for the year after getting hurt in a fight. This year, things aren’t as dire nor ugly but after taking a big bump on Friday night, his shoulder is hurting him and could keep him out of tonight’s game against Anaheim.
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal gets the update from coach Tom Renney about how Hall is doing after sitting out of practice yesterday.
“This was a maintenance day here for Taylor. Obviously, he’s had some issues with his shoulder and T.D. (Forss, the trainer) thought it best that he stay off the ice to let it settle down. We hope he can play,” said Renney.
The Oilers aren’t going anywhere other than the draft lottery this year. That said, after Hall’s high ankle sprain last year and now with this shoulder aggravation here, it’s got to be immensely frustrating for the Oilers to have their dynamic scorer getting banged up like this.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 22
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 32
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)