Mar 5, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
From the hockey-savvy folk at E! Online comes the story of a WHL player with some famous bloodlines:
Seventeen-year-old Liam Stewart — from [Rod] Stewart’s marriage to supermodel Rachel Hunter — currently hits the ice for the Western Hockey League team the Spokane Chiefs.
But don’t let his famous lineage fool you into thinking he’s got it easy.
According to a recent profile piece in the Los Angeles Times, Liam and the other rookies earn less than $300 a month for lacing up…and to clean the Chiefs’ team bus.
Of course, the other rookies’ dads don’t have a net worth of $220 million. I doubt the other rookies’ dads get female undergarments thrown at them (unless it’s in a “your turn to do the laundry” kind of way.)
Stewart goes 6-foot-1, 180lbs and has 14G-10A-24PTS in 60 games this season. He recently had one of his best outings of the year in a 6-1 win over Victoria, notching a pair of goals, including the game-winner.
The 17-year-old was also selected for Great Britain’s U-18 team that will participate in the IIHF Division 2A championships in March.
This isn’t the family’s only, um, foray into hockey. Rachel Hunter used to date Sean Avery before hooking up with LA Kings forward Jarret Stoll — the two were set to marry before Stoll called it off at the last second.
Stoll is now dating actress Katie Cassidy, which should bring you up to speed on all the NHL/celebrity gossip.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 2
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)