Mar 5, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
From the hockey-savvy folk at E! Online comes the story of a WHL player with some famous bloodlines:
Seventeen-year-old Liam Stewart — from [Rod] Stewart’s marriage to supermodel Rachel Hunter — currently hits the ice for the Western Hockey League team the Spokane Chiefs.
But don’t let his famous lineage fool you into thinking he’s got it easy.
According to a recent profile piece in the Los Angeles Times, Liam and the other rookies earn less than $300 a month for lacing up…and to clean the Chiefs’ team bus.
Of course, the other rookies’ dads don’t have a net worth of $220 million. I doubt the other rookies’ dads get female undergarments thrown at them (unless it’s in a “your turn to do the laundry” kind of way.)
Stewart goes 6-foot-1, 180lbs and has 14G-10A-24PTS in 60 games this season. He recently had one of his best outings of the year in a 6-1 win over Victoria, notching a pair of goals, including the game-winner.
The 17-year-old was also selected for Great Britain’s U-18 team that will participate in the IIHF Division 2A championships in March.
This isn’t the family’s only, um, foray into hockey. Rachel Hunter used to date Sean Avery before hooking up with LA Kings forward Jarret Stoll — the two were set to marry before Stoll called it off at the last second.
Stoll is now dating actress Katie Cassidy, which should bring you up to speed on all the NHL/celebrity gossip.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 25
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 41
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 95
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (96)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)