Mar 5, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
From the hockey-savvy folk at E! Online comes the story of a WHL player with some famous bloodlines:
Seventeen-year-old Liam Stewart — from [Rod] Stewart’s marriage to supermodel Rachel Hunter — currently hits the ice for the Western Hockey League team the Spokane Chiefs.
But don’t let his famous lineage fool you into thinking he’s got it easy.
According to a recent profile piece in the Los Angeles Times, Liam and the other rookies earn less than $300 a month for lacing up…and to clean the Chiefs’ team bus.
Of course, the other rookies’ dads don’t have a net worth of $220 million. I doubt the other rookies’ dads get female undergarments thrown at them (unless it’s in a “your turn to do the laundry” kind of way.)
Stewart goes 6-foot-1, 180lbs and has 14G-10A-24PTS in 60 games this season. He recently had one of his best outings of the year in a 6-1 win over Victoria, notching a pair of goals, including the game-winner.
The 17-year-old was also selected for Great Britain’s U-18 team that will participate in the IIHF Division 2A championships in March.
This isn’t the family’s only, um, foray into hockey. Rachel Hunter used to date Sean Avery before hooking up with LA Kings forward Jarret Stoll — the two were set to marry before Stoll called it off at the last second.
Stoll is now dating actress Katie Cassidy, which should bring you up to speed on all the NHL/celebrity gossip.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)