Mar 5, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
From the hockey-savvy folk at E! Online comes the story of a WHL player with some famous bloodlines:
Seventeen-year-old Liam Stewart — from [Rod] Stewart’s marriage to supermodel Rachel Hunter — currently hits the ice for the Western Hockey League team the Spokane Chiefs.
But don’t let his famous lineage fool you into thinking he’s got it easy.
According to a recent profile piece in the Los Angeles Times, Liam and the other rookies earn less than $300 a month for lacing up…and to clean the Chiefs’ team bus.
Of course, the other rookies’ dads don’t have a net worth of $220 million. I doubt the other rookies’ dads get female undergarments thrown at them (unless it’s in a “your turn to do the laundry” kind of way.)
Stewart goes 6-foot-1, 180lbs and has 14G-10A-24PTS in 60 games this season. He recently had one of his best outings of the year in a 6-1 win over Victoria, notching a pair of goals, including the game-winner.
The 17-year-old was also selected for Great Britain’s U-18 team that will participate in the IIHF Division 2A championships in March.
This isn’t the family’s only, um, foray into hockey. Rachel Hunter used to date Sean Avery before hooking up with LA Kings forward Jarret Stoll — the two were set to marry before Stoll called it off at the last second.
Stoll is now dating actress Katie Cassidy, which should bring you up to speed on all the NHL/celebrity gossip.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 15
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 19
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)