Mar 5, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
From the hockey-savvy folk at E! Online comes the story of a WHL player with some famous bloodlines:
Seventeen-year-old Liam Stewart — from [Rod] Stewart’s marriage to supermodel Rachel Hunter — currently hits the ice for the Western Hockey League team the Spokane Chiefs.
But don’t let his famous lineage fool you into thinking he’s got it easy.
According to a recent profile piece in the Los Angeles Times, Liam and the other rookies earn less than $300 a month for lacing up…and to clean the Chiefs’ team bus.
Of course, the other rookies’ dads don’t have a net worth of $220 million. I doubt the other rookies’ dads get female undergarments thrown at them (unless it’s in a “your turn to do the laundry” kind of way.)
Stewart goes 6-foot-1, 180lbs and has 14G-10A-24PTS in 60 games this season. He recently had one of his best outings of the year in a 6-1 win over Victoria, notching a pair of goals, including the game-winner.
The 17-year-old was also selected for Great Britain’s U-18 team that will participate in the IIHF Division 2A championships in March.
This isn’t the family’s only, um, foray into hockey. Rachel Hunter used to date Sean Avery before hooking up with LA Kings forward Jarret Stoll — the two were set to marry before Stoll called it off at the last second.
Stoll is now dating actress Katie Cassidy, which should bring you up to speed on all the NHL/celebrity gossip.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)