Mar 5, 2012, 3:51 PM EST
Mike Cammalleri won’t be exacting revenge on his former team Tuesday night.
Flames head coach Brent Sutter announced Cammalleri would be held out of tomorrow’s game against the Montreal Canadiens with an upper-body injury, preventing Me, Myself and Mike from facing the team that dealt him away in mid-January.
It’s unclear what sort of ailment befell Cammalleri, though he did take a puck to the throat at the end of Friday’s loss in Anaheim.
This injury is the latest to hit the hard-luck Flames. Blake Comeau suffered a shoulder injury against Phoenix last week and hasn’t returned to the lineup while Lance Bouma was knocked out of Sunday’s loss in Dallas and won’t be available for Tuesday either.
More, from the Calgary Herald:
With absolutely no spare parts up front, it led the club to summon an entire line from the [AHL] Abbotsford Heat. Greg Nemisz, Krys Kolanos and Guillaume Desbiens will serve as the Flames fourth line against the Canadiens.
So how will the rest of the lines be shuffled?
The best bets are that Olli Jokinen into Cammalleri’s vacancy between Jarome Iginla and Alex Tanguay, while Matt Stajan will step up in for Jokinen between Curtis Glencross and David Moss. That would leave rookie Roman Horak back between Tom Kostopoulos and Tim Jackman.
That lineup is…not good.
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)