Mar 5, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Mike Cammalleri won’t be exacting revenge on his former team Tuesday night.
Flames head coach Brent Sutter announced Cammalleri would be held out of tomorrow’s game against the Montreal Canadiens with an upper-body injury, preventing Me, Myself and Mike from facing the team that dealt him away in mid-January.
It’s unclear what sort of ailment befell Cammalleri, though he did take a puck to the throat at the end of Friday’s loss in Anaheim.
This injury is the latest to hit the hard-luck Flames. Blake Comeau suffered a shoulder injury against Phoenix last week and hasn’t returned to the lineup while Lance Bouma was knocked out of Sunday’s loss in Dallas and won’t be available for Tuesday either.
More, from the Calgary Herald:
With absolutely no spare parts up front, it led the club to summon an entire line from the [AHL] Abbotsford Heat. Greg Nemisz, Krys Kolanos and Guillaume Desbiens will serve as the Flames fourth line against the Canadiens.
So how will the rest of the lines be shuffled?
The best bets are that Olli Jokinen into Cammalleri’s vacancy between Jarome Iginla and Alex Tanguay, while Matt Stajan will step up in for Jokinen between Curtis Glencross and David Moss. That would leave rookie Roman Horak back between Tom Kostopoulos and Tim Jackman.
That lineup is…not good.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL