Mar 5, 2012, 3:51 PM EST
Mike Cammalleri won’t be exacting revenge on his former team Tuesday night.
Flames head coach Brent Sutter announced Cammalleri would be held out of tomorrow’s game against the Montreal Canadiens with an upper-body injury, preventing Me, Myself and Mike from facing the team that dealt him away in mid-January.
It’s unclear what sort of ailment befell Cammalleri, though he did take a puck to the throat at the end of Friday’s loss in Anaheim.
This injury is the latest to hit the hard-luck Flames. Blake Comeau suffered a shoulder injury against Phoenix last week and hasn’t returned to the lineup while Lance Bouma was knocked out of Sunday’s loss in Dallas and won’t be available for Tuesday either.
More, from the Calgary Herald:
With absolutely no spare parts up front, it led the club to summon an entire line from the [AHL] Abbotsford Heat. Greg Nemisz, Krys Kolanos and Guillaume Desbiens will serve as the Flames fourth line against the Canadiens.
So how will the rest of the lines be shuffled?
The best bets are that Olli Jokinen into Cammalleri’s vacancy between Jarome Iginla and Alex Tanguay, while Matt Stajan will step up in for Jokinen between Curtis Glencross and David Moss. That would leave rookie Roman Horak back between Tom Kostopoulos and Tim Jackman.
That lineup is…not good.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)