Mar 5, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Mike Cammalleri won’t be exacting revenge on his former team Tuesday night.
Flames head coach Brent Sutter announced Cammalleri would be held out of tomorrow’s game against the Montreal Canadiens with an upper-body injury, preventing Me, Myself and Mike from facing the team that dealt him away in mid-January.
It’s unclear what sort of ailment befell Cammalleri, though he did take a puck to the throat at the end of Friday’s loss in Anaheim.
This injury is the latest to hit the hard-luck Flames. Blake Comeau suffered a shoulder injury against Phoenix last week and hasn’t returned to the lineup while Lance Bouma was knocked out of Sunday’s loss in Dallas and won’t be available for Tuesday either.
More, from the Calgary Herald:
With absolutely no spare parts up front, it led the club to summon an entire line from the [AHL] Abbotsford Heat. Greg Nemisz, Krys Kolanos and Guillaume Desbiens will serve as the Flames fourth line against the Canadiens.
So how will the rest of the lines be shuffled?
The best bets are that Olli Jokinen into Cammalleri’s vacancy between Jarome Iginla and Alex Tanguay, while Matt Stajan will step up in for Jokinen between Curtis Glencross and David Moss. That would leave rookie Roman Horak back between Tom Kostopoulos and Tim Jackman.
That lineup is…not good.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)