Mar 5, 2012, 3:51 PM EST
Mike Cammalleri won’t be exacting revenge on his former team Tuesday night.
Flames head coach Brent Sutter announced Cammalleri would be held out of tomorrow’s game against the Montreal Canadiens with an upper-body injury, preventing Me, Myself and Mike from facing the team that dealt him away in mid-January.
It’s unclear what sort of ailment befell Cammalleri, though he did take a puck to the throat at the end of Friday’s loss in Anaheim.
This injury is the latest to hit the hard-luck Flames. Blake Comeau suffered a shoulder injury against Phoenix last week and hasn’t returned to the lineup while Lance Bouma was knocked out of Sunday’s loss in Dallas and won’t be available for Tuesday either.
More, from the Calgary Herald:
With absolutely no spare parts up front, it led the club to summon an entire line from the [AHL] Abbotsford Heat. Greg Nemisz, Krys Kolanos and Guillaume Desbiens will serve as the Flames fourth line against the Canadiens.
So how will the rest of the lines be shuffled?
The best bets are that Olli Jokinen into Cammalleri’s vacancy between Jarome Iginla and Alex Tanguay, while Matt Stajan will step up in for Jokinen between Curtis Glencross and David Moss. That would leave rookie Roman Horak back between Tom Kostopoulos and Tim Jackman.
That lineup is…not good.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 1
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 56
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)