Mar 4, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Zach Parise doesn’t think he broke his hand while blocking a shot during Sunday’s game. At least, he hopes he didn’t. All the same, Parise would be justified if he was concerned when he discovered after Sunday’s 1-0 loss that he couldn’t use his hand.
Parise hasn’t gotten X-rays yet, so for now we can only guess at the extent of the damage. It’s fair to say that any significant injury at this stage of the season would be especially devastating for New Jersey. The Devils are still in the running for the fourth seed in the Eastern Conference, but they could realistically slip all the way down to seventh or perhaps even lower if they struggle in March. Parise got off to a slow start this season, but he’s now the team’s leading goal scorer.
Washington’s Brooks Laich’s stick struck Parise in the face during Friday’s contest, but fortunately that incident did not result in a major injury. We’ll see if his luck holds.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)