Mar 4, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Zach Bogosian had just returned to action after missing seven games with a wrist injury. He helped the Jets beat the Panthers and now he’s going to be out of action again after re-aggravating the same injury.
Ed Tait from the Winnipeg Free Press has the words from Jets coach Claude Noel about the unfortunate situation for the 21-year-old defenseman.
“(The injury) took place in the game and it caught us off guard a bit. We knew that it happened because he expressed that it happened. We just didn’t think it would be like this, but we’ve got a handle on it. We’ve just got to manage it again. He’s not very happy.”
Noel says that either Mark Flood or recently acquired Grant Clitsome will get the call to replace Bogosian and that he’s leaning towards Clitsome since he hasn’t seen him play yet. That’s sound enough reasoning.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 3
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 31
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)