Mar 4, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Zach Bogosian had just returned to action after missing seven games with a wrist injury. He helped the Jets beat the Panthers and now he’s going to be out of action again after re-aggravating the same injury.
Ed Tait from the Winnipeg Free Press has the words from Jets coach Claude Noel about the unfortunate situation for the 21-year-old defenseman.
“(The injury) took place in the game and it caught us off guard a bit. We knew that it happened because he expressed that it happened. We just didn’t think it would be like this, but we’ve got a handle on it. We’ve just got to manage it again. He’s not very happy.”
Noel says that either Mark Flood or recently acquired Grant Clitsome will get the call to replace Bogosian and that he’s leaning towards Clitsome since he hasn’t seen him play yet. That’s sound enough reasoning.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5