Mar 4, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
Zach Bogosian had just returned to action after missing seven games with a wrist injury. He helped the Jets beat the Panthers and now he’s going to be out of action again after re-aggravating the same injury.
Ed Tait from the Winnipeg Free Press has the words from Jets coach Claude Noel about the unfortunate situation for the 21-year-old defenseman.
“(The injury) took place in the game and it caught us off guard a bit. We knew that it happened because he expressed that it happened. We just didn’t think it would be like this, but we’ve got a handle on it. We’ve just got to manage it again. He’s not very happy.”
Noel says that either Mark Flood or recently acquired Grant Clitsome will get the call to replace Bogosian and that he’s leaning towards Clitsome since he hasn’t seen him play yet. That’s sound enough reasoning.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)