Mar 4, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
Zach Bogosian had just returned to action after missing seven games with a wrist injury. He helped the Jets beat the Panthers and now he’s going to be out of action again after re-aggravating the same injury.
Ed Tait from the Winnipeg Free Press has the words from Jets coach Claude Noel about the unfortunate situation for the 21-year-old defenseman.
“(The injury) took place in the game and it caught us off guard a bit. We knew that it happened because he expressed that it happened. We just didn’t think it would be like this, but we’ve got a handle on it. We’ve just got to manage it again. He’s not very happy.”
Noel says that either Mark Flood or recently acquired Grant Clitsome will get the call to replace Bogosian and that he’s leaning towards Clitsome since he hasn’t seen him play yet. That’s sound enough reasoning.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54