Mar 4, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Zach Bogosian had just returned to action after missing seven games with a wrist injury. He helped the Jets beat the Panthers and now he’s going to be out of action again after re-aggravating the same injury.
Ed Tait from the Winnipeg Free Press has the words from Jets coach Claude Noel about the unfortunate situation for the 21-year-old defenseman.
“(The injury) took place in the game and it caught us off guard a bit. We knew that it happened because he expressed that it happened. We just didn’t think it would be like this, but we’ve got a handle on it. We’ve just got to manage it again. He’s not very happy.”
Noel says that either Mark Flood or recently acquired Grant Clitsome will get the call to replace Bogosian and that he’s leaning towards Clitsome since he hasn’t seen him play yet. That’s sound enough reasoning.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 2
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)