Mar 4, 2012, 8:25 PM EST
It didn’t take long for one of the NHL’s leaders in hits, Washington’s Troy Brouwer, to nail the Flyers’ Erik Gustafsson hard enough into the boards to actually open the door to the Capitals’ bench. Unsurprisingly, Scott Hartnell took exception to that and the two dropped the gloves. You can watch the fight and the hit that caused it below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This is a key contest for both teams as Washington is fighting for a playoff spot and Philadelphia is still in the race for the fourth seed in the Eastern Conference.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11