Mar 4, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for one of the NHL’s leaders in hits, Washington’s Troy Brouwer, to nail the Flyers’ Erik Gustafsson hard enough into the boards to actually open the door to the Capitals’ bench. Unsurprisingly, Scott Hartnell took exception to that and the two dropped the gloves. You can watch the fight and the hit that caused it below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This is a key contest for both teams as Washington is fighting for a playoff spot and Philadelphia is still in the race for the fourth seed in the Eastern Conference.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39