Mar 4, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
Right when you think it can’t get worse injury-wise for the Flyers, it does.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren dropped the news just before the start of tonight’s game against the Capitals. Timonen missing tonight’s game breaks his consecutive games played streak at 248 games. With Chris Pronger done for the year and now these two starters out, the Flyers starting six looks startlingly different.
CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker reports that both Andreas Lilja and Erik Gustafsson will slot in their places. Braydon Coburn and Matt Carle are the only two regular starters in tonight’s starting lineup. Newcomers Pavel Kubina and Niklas Grossman fill out the rest of the starting six. It’d be scary to think of where the Flyers would be without having added those two players ahead of the trade deadline.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6