Mar 4, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
Right when you think it can’t get worse injury-wise for the Flyers, it does.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren dropped the news just before the start of tonight’s game against the Capitals. Timonen missing tonight’s game breaks his consecutive games played streak at 248 games. With Chris Pronger done for the year and now these two starters out, the Flyers starting six looks startlingly different.
CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker reports that both Andreas Lilja and Erik Gustafsson will slot in their places. Braydon Coburn and Matt Carle are the only two regular starters in tonight’s starting lineup. Newcomers Pavel Kubina and Niklas Grossman fill out the rest of the starting six. It’d be scary to think of where the Flyers would be without having added those two players ahead of the trade deadline.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 3
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)