Mar 4, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
Right when you think it can’t get worse injury-wise for the Flyers, it does.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren dropped the news just before the start of tonight’s game against the Capitals. Timonen missing tonight’s game breaks his consecutive games played streak at 248 games. With Chris Pronger done for the year and now these two starters out, the Flyers starting six looks startlingly different.
CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker reports that both Andreas Lilja and Erik Gustafsson will slot in their places. Braydon Coburn and Matt Carle are the only two regular starters in tonight’s starting lineup. Newcomers Pavel Kubina and Niklas Grossman fill out the rest of the starting six. It’d be scary to think of where the Flyers would be without having added those two players ahead of the trade deadline.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2