Mar 4, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
Right when you think it can’t get worse injury-wise for the Flyers, it does.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren dropped the news just before the start of tonight’s game against the Capitals. Timonen missing tonight’s game breaks his consecutive games played streak at 248 games. With Chris Pronger done for the year and now these two starters out, the Flyers starting six looks startlingly different.
CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker reports that both Andreas Lilja and Erik Gustafsson will slot in their places. Braydon Coburn and Matt Carle are the only two regular starters in tonight’s starting lineup. Newcomers Pavel Kubina and Niklas Grossman fill out the rest of the starting six. It’d be scary to think of where the Flyers would be without having added those two players ahead of the trade deadline.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)