Mar 4, 2012, 6:48 PM EST
Right when you think it can’t get worse injury-wise for the Flyers, it does.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren dropped the news just before the start of tonight’s game against the Capitals. Timonen missing tonight’s game breaks his consecutive games played streak at 248 games. With Chris Pronger done for the year and now these two starters out, the Flyers starting six looks startlingly different.
CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker reports that both Andreas Lilja and Erik Gustafsson will slot in their places. Braydon Coburn and Matt Carle are the only two regular starters in tonight’s starting lineup. Newcomers Pavel Kubina and Niklas Grossman fill out the rest of the starting six. It’d be scary to think of where the Flyers would be without having added those two players ahead of the trade deadline.
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 18
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)