Mar 3, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
When Steve Stamkos is at his best, he can do almost anything, like keep the Tampa Bay Lightning in the playoff picture. Stamkos has 15 goals in his last 17 games, including the game-winner in overtime against Carolina Saturday night. Although, as you’ll see, Teddy Purcell also deserves his fair share of the credit for faking the shot and then feeding Stamkos the puck.
Stamkos already looks like a lock for the Rocket Richard Trophy and he’s neck-and-neck with Evgeni Malkin for the Art Ross Trophy. The Lightning still have their work cut out for them if they want to make the playoffs, but anything is possible if Stamkos stays hot.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 57
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming