Mar 3, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
When Steve Stamkos is at his best, he can do almost anything, like keep the Tampa Bay Lightning in the playoff picture. Stamkos has 15 goals in his last 17 games, including the game-winner in overtime against Carolina Saturday night. Although, as you’ll see, Teddy Purcell also deserves his fair share of the credit for faking the shot and then feeding Stamkos the puck.
Stamkos already looks like a lock for the Rocket Richard Trophy and he’s neck-and-neck with Evgeni Malkin for the Art Ross Trophy. The Lightning still have their work cut out for them if they want to make the playoffs, but anything is possible if Stamkos stays hot.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17