Mar 3, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks are in need of some good news and they’ll get a little bit of it tonight.
“It felt good in morning skate. Obviously we didn’t do any line rushes or anything like that, but it felt pretty good,” said Couture, who has missed the last two games. “We’ll see what happens when I come to the rink. Hopefully I’m ready to play.”
As for coach Todd McLellan who has missed the last two games with a concussion, things aren’t feeling quite as good for him.
“I still have some moments that aren’t real good. I can tell you I have a much better appreciation for head injuries,” McLellan said.
I guess it takes getting one to appreciate how tough it is to come back from one. The Sharks can use all the help they can get both on the ice and behind the bench as they struggle in the West. Dealing with the defensive-minded Blues tonight won’t make things any easier.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35