Mar 3, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are in need of some good news and they’ll get a little bit of it tonight.
“It felt good in morning skate. Obviously we didn’t do any line rushes or anything like that, but it felt pretty good,” said Couture, who has missed the last two games. “We’ll see what happens when I come to the rink. Hopefully I’m ready to play.”
As for coach Todd McLellan who has missed the last two games with a concussion, things aren’t feeling quite as good for him.
“I still have some moments that aren’t real good. I can tell you I have a much better appreciation for head injuries,” McLellan said.
I guess it takes getting one to appreciate how tough it is to come back from one. The Sharks can use all the help they can get both on the ice and behind the bench as they struggle in the West. Dealing with the defensive-minded Blues tonight won’t make things any easier.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)