Mar 3, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks are in need of some good news and they’ll get a little bit of it tonight.
“It felt good in morning skate. Obviously we didn’t do any line rushes or anything like that, but it felt pretty good,” said Couture, who has missed the last two games. “We’ll see what happens when I come to the rink. Hopefully I’m ready to play.”
As for coach Todd McLellan who has missed the last two games with a concussion, things aren’t feeling quite as good for him.
“I still have some moments that aren’t real good. I can tell you I have a much better appreciation for head injuries,” McLellan said.
I guess it takes getting one to appreciate how tough it is to come back from one. The Sharks can use all the help they can get both on the ice and behind the bench as they struggle in the West. Dealing with the defensive-minded Blues tonight won’t make things any easier.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 10
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 16
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)