Mar 3, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are in need of some good news and they’ll get a little bit of it tonight.
“It felt good in morning skate. Obviously we didn’t do any line rushes or anything like that, but it felt pretty good,” said Couture, who has missed the last two games. “We’ll see what happens when I come to the rink. Hopefully I’m ready to play.”
As for coach Todd McLellan who has missed the last two games with a concussion, things aren’t feeling quite as good for him.
“I still have some moments that aren’t real good. I can tell you I have a much better appreciation for head injuries,” McLellan said.
I guess it takes getting one to appreciate how tough it is to come back from one. The Sharks can use all the help they can get both on the ice and behind the bench as they struggle in the West. Dealing with the defensive-minded Blues tonight won’t make things any easier.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 10
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 18
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 21
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 16
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35