Mar 3, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are in need of some good news and they’ll get a little bit of it tonight.
“It felt good in morning skate. Obviously we didn’t do any line rushes or anything like that, but it felt pretty good,” said Couture, who has missed the last two games. “We’ll see what happens when I come to the rink. Hopefully I’m ready to play.”
As for coach Todd McLellan who has missed the last two games with a concussion, things aren’t feeling quite as good for him.
“I still have some moments that aren’t real good. I can tell you I have a much better appreciation for head injuries,” McLellan said.
I guess it takes getting one to appreciate how tough it is to come back from one. The Sharks can use all the help they can get both on the ice and behind the bench as they struggle in the West. Dealing with the defensive-minded Blues tonight won’t make things any easier.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5