Mar 3, 2012, 12:59 PM EDT
Ever since Cody Hodgson was dealt from Vancouver to Buffalo, the question has been about whether or not Hodgson asked to be traded. Hodgson’s agent Ritch Winter has been saying that Hodgson never asked to be moved, albeit in confusing ways at times, and Hodgson himself seemed stunned that he was moved.
With the Sabres in Vancouver to take on the Canucks tonight, it makes for an awkward reunion and one where Hodgson had to make it very clear that what happened at the deadline was not thanks to his doing. Well, as clear as he could anyhow. John Vogl of The Buffalo News has the details.
“Like I told many guys beforehand, I was as shocked as anybody,” Hodgson said. “But I don’t want to go back. Even when I played here the whole time I never went back and thought of readdressing old issues and that kind of stuff. I just wanted to go play, and that’s what I want to do now. I’ve got a new team with Buffalo and good guys, and hopefully things will work out.”
Why would he want to go back? Aside from that whole “make a run at the Stanley Cup” thing Vancouver has going for them, Hodgson is playing in Buffalo’s top six and getting a ton of ice time (average of 17:08 in his two games).
Compare that to Vancouver where he was playing on the third line and averaging just over 12 minutes a game. Add to it that they already seem to love Hodgson in Buffalo, and it makes a ton of sense for him. Maybe now this story can fade away. All bets are off though if Hodgson scores the game-winner tonight.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 30
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 27
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)