Mar 3, 2012, 12:59 PM EST
Ever since Cody Hodgson was dealt from Vancouver to Buffalo, the question has been about whether or not Hodgson asked to be traded. Hodgson’s agent Ritch Winter has been saying that Hodgson never asked to be moved, albeit in confusing ways at times, and Hodgson himself seemed stunned that he was moved.
With the Sabres in Vancouver to take on the Canucks tonight, it makes for an awkward reunion and one where Hodgson had to make it very clear that what happened at the deadline was not thanks to his doing. Well, as clear as he could anyhow. John Vogl of The Buffalo News has the details.
“Like I told many guys beforehand, I was as shocked as anybody,” Hodgson said. “But I don’t want to go back. Even when I played here the whole time I never went back and thought of readdressing old issues and that kind of stuff. I just wanted to go play, and that’s what I want to do now. I’ve got a new team with Buffalo and good guys, and hopefully things will work out.”
Why would he want to go back? Aside from that whole “make a run at the Stanley Cup” thing Vancouver has going for them, Hodgson is playing in Buffalo’s top six and getting a ton of ice time (average of 17:08 in his two games).
Compare that to Vancouver where he was playing on the third line and averaging just over 12 minutes a game. Add to it that they already seem to love Hodgson in Buffalo, and it makes a ton of sense for him. Maybe now this story can fade away. All bets are off though if Hodgson scores the game-winner tonight.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 6
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)