Mar 3, 2012, 5:54 PM EST
With the Rangers set for a big afternoon tilt against the Bruins (12:30 p.m. ET on NBC) they’re dealing with a host of nagging injuries of their own.
As Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants reports, Ruslan Fedotenko (foot) and Dan Girardi (arm) were both given maintenance days to rest their injuries. Adding those two to the injury pile with captain Ryan Callahan who’s got a foot injury of his own and Michael Del Zotto with a hip injury and you’ve got quite the who’s-who of banged up New Yorkers.
As for Callahan’s health, coach John Tortorella tells Gross that the captain is itchy to play despite his injury.
“Yeah,” Tortorella said. “I’m not sure where it stands but he wants to play.”
Hey that’s what captains do after all.
While their opponents, the Boston Bruins, will be without backup goalie Tuukka Rask thanks to a leg injury in today’s game, it’s a game the Rangers need to win in order to keep their cushion atop the Eastern Conference steady.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3