Mar 3, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
With the Rangers set for a big afternoon tilt against the Bruins (12:30 p.m. ET on NBC) they’re dealing with a host of nagging injuries of their own.
As Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants reports, Ruslan Fedotenko (foot) and Dan Girardi (arm) were both given maintenance days to rest their injuries. Adding those two to the injury pile with captain Ryan Callahan who’s got a foot injury of his own and Michael Del Zotto with a hip injury and you’ve got quite the who’s-who of banged up New Yorkers.
As for Callahan’s health, coach John Tortorella tells Gross that the captain is itchy to play despite his injury.
“Yeah,” Tortorella said. “I’m not sure where it stands but he wants to play.”
Hey that’s what captains do after all.
While their opponents, the Boston Bruins, will be without backup goalie Tuukka Rask thanks to a leg injury in today’s game, it’s a game the Rangers need to win in order to keep their cushion atop the Eastern Conference steady.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)