Mar 3, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
With the Rangers set for a big afternoon tilt against the Bruins (12:30 p.m. ET on NBC) they’re dealing with a host of nagging injuries of their own.
As Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants reports, Ruslan Fedotenko (foot) and Dan Girardi (arm) were both given maintenance days to rest their injuries. Adding those two to the injury pile with captain Ryan Callahan who’s got a foot injury of his own and Michael Del Zotto with a hip injury and you’ve got quite the who’s-who of banged up New Yorkers.
As for Callahan’s health, coach John Tortorella tells Gross that the captain is itchy to play despite his injury.
“Yeah,” Tortorella said. “I’m not sure where it stands but he wants to play.”
Hey that’s what captains do after all.
While their opponents, the Boston Bruins, will be without backup goalie Tuukka Rask thanks to a leg injury in today’s game, it’s a game the Rangers need to win in order to keep their cushion atop the Eastern Conference steady.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4