Mar 3, 2012, 5:54 PM EDT
With the Rangers set for a big afternoon tilt against the Bruins (12:30 p.m. ET on NBC) they’re dealing with a host of nagging injuries of their own.
As Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants reports, Ruslan Fedotenko (foot) and Dan Girardi (arm) were both given maintenance days to rest their injuries. Adding those two to the injury pile with captain Ryan Callahan who’s got a foot injury of his own and Michael Del Zotto with a hip injury and you’ve got quite the who’s-who of banged up New Yorkers.
As for Callahan’s health, coach John Tortorella tells Gross that the captain is itchy to play despite his injury.
“Yeah,” Tortorella said. “I’m not sure where it stands but he wants to play.”
Hey that’s what captains do after all.
While their opponents, the Boston Bruins, will be without backup goalie Tuukka Rask thanks to a leg injury in today’s game, it’s a game the Rangers need to win in order to keep their cushion atop the Eastern Conference steady.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5