Mar 3, 2012, 5:54 PM EST
With the Rangers set for a big afternoon tilt against the Bruins (12:30 p.m. ET on NBC) they’re dealing with a host of nagging injuries of their own.
As Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants reports, Ruslan Fedotenko (foot) and Dan Girardi (arm) were both given maintenance days to rest their injuries. Adding those two to the injury pile with captain Ryan Callahan who’s got a foot injury of his own and Michael Del Zotto with a hip injury and you’ve got quite the who’s-who of banged up New Yorkers.
As for Callahan’s health, coach John Tortorella tells Gross that the captain is itchy to play despite his injury.
“Yeah,” Tortorella said. “I’m not sure where it stands but he wants to play.”
Hey that’s what captains do after all.
While their opponents, the Boston Bruins, will be without backup goalie Tuukka Rask thanks to a leg injury in today’s game, it’s a game the Rangers need to win in order to keep their cushion atop the Eastern Conference steady.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)