Mar 2, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
Here’s the understatement of the night: the Toronto media is just a bit more in-depth than anything Randy Carlyle experienced in Anaheim (aside from the Stanley Cup finals). Carlyle didn’t exactly make a great first impression tonight, as he apparently brushed off three media members upon arriving in the hockey hotbed.
Click here for some bumpy video of the “exchange” via David Alter — one of the three spurned reporters.
David Feschuk and Mike Brophy were the other two guys who received the silent treatment, as Feschuk testified.
Some other tidbits of note:
- Lance Hornby passes along word that Carlyle received a three-year contract.
- Mike Brown and Joffrey Lupul are among the Leafs who are most familiar with Carlyle – Lupul might have some issues with him.
- David Amber reports that assistant Rob Zettler has been “reassigned” within the organization.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 14
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39