Mar 2, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
Here’s the understatement of the night: the Toronto media is just a bit more in-depth than anything Randy Carlyle experienced in Anaheim (aside from the Stanley Cup finals). Carlyle didn’t exactly make a great first impression tonight, as he apparently brushed off three media members upon arriving in the hockey hotbed.
Click here for some bumpy video of the “exchange” via David Alter — one of the three spurned reporters.
David Feschuk and Mike Brophy were the other two guys who received the silent treatment, as Feschuk testified.
Some other tidbits of note:
- Lance Hornby passes along word that Carlyle received a three-year contract.
- Mike Brown and Joffrey Lupul are among the Leafs who are most familiar with Carlyle – Lupul might have some issues with him.
- David Amber reports that assistant Rob Zettler has been “reassigned” within the organization.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 20
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)