Mar 2, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
Here’s the understatement of the night: the Toronto media is just a bit more in-depth than anything Randy Carlyle experienced in Anaheim (aside from the Stanley Cup finals). Carlyle didn’t exactly make a great first impression tonight, as he apparently brushed off three media members upon arriving in the hockey hotbed.
Click here for some bumpy video of the “exchange” via David Alter — one of the three spurned reporters.
David Feschuk and Mike Brophy were the other two guys who received the silent treatment, as Feschuk testified.
Some other tidbits of note:
- Lance Hornby passes along word that Carlyle received a three-year contract.
- Mike Brown and Joffrey Lupul are among the Leafs who are most familiar with Carlyle – Lupul might have some issues with him.
- David Amber reports that assistant Rob Zettler has been “reassigned” within the organization.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 7
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 15
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 15
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)