Mar 2, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
Here’s the understatement of the night: the Toronto media is just a bit more in-depth than anything Randy Carlyle experienced in Anaheim (aside from the Stanley Cup finals). Carlyle didn’t exactly make a great first impression tonight, as he apparently brushed off three media members upon arriving in the hockey hotbed.
Click here for some bumpy video of the “exchange” via David Alter — one of the three spurned reporters.
David Feschuk and Mike Brophy were the other two guys who received the silent treatment, as Feschuk testified.
Some other tidbits of note:
- Lance Hornby passes along word that Carlyle received a three-year contract.
- Mike Brown and Joffrey Lupul are among the Leafs who are most familiar with Carlyle – Lupul might have some issues with him.
- David Amber reports that assistant Rob Zettler has been “reassigned” within the organization.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 3
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)