Mar 2, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
Here’s the understatement of the night: the Toronto media is just a bit more in-depth than anything Randy Carlyle experienced in Anaheim (aside from the Stanley Cup finals). Carlyle didn’t exactly make a great first impression tonight, as he apparently brushed off three media members upon arriving in the hockey hotbed.
Click here for some bumpy video of the “exchange” via David Alter — one of the three spurned reporters.
David Feschuk and Mike Brophy were the other two guys who received the silent treatment, as Feschuk testified.
Some other tidbits of note:
- Lance Hornby passes along word that Carlyle received a three-year contract.
- Mike Brown and Joffrey Lupul are among the Leafs who are most familiar with Carlyle – Lupul might have some issues with him.
- David Amber reports that assistant Rob Zettler has been “reassigned” within the organization.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18