Mar 2, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
“I was hoping it was going to be a couple of days and I’d miss one game,” said Lidstrom. “But this is lingering longer than I was hoping for.”
When asked if he was concerned, Detroit’s top defenseman said, “A little bit, especially when it’s been almost a week now and it’s still sore.”
Lidstrom was hit by a slapshot Saturday against Colorado and was forced to miss Tuesday’s game in Columbus. He’ll also sit tonight versus Minnesota and Sunday against Chicago.
After that, who knows?
Hedger reports that two x-rays have been taken and neither revealed a broken bone.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15