Mar 2, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
“I was hoping it was going to be a couple of days and I’d miss one game,” said Lidstrom. “But this is lingering longer than I was hoping for.”
When asked if he was concerned, Detroit’s top defenseman said, “A little bit, especially when it’s been almost a week now and it’s still sore.”
Lidstrom was hit by a slapshot Saturday against Colorado and was forced to miss Tuesday’s game in Columbus. He’ll also sit tonight versus Minnesota and Sunday against Chicago.
After that, who knows?
Hedger reports that two x-rays have been taken and neither revealed a broken bone.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22