Mar 2, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
“I was hoping it was going to be a couple of days and I’d miss one game,” said Lidstrom. “But this is lingering longer than I was hoping for.”
When asked if he was concerned, Detroit’s top defenseman said, “A little bit, especially when it’s been almost a week now and it’s still sore.”
Lidstrom was hit by a slapshot Saturday against Colorado and was forced to miss Tuesday’s game in Columbus. He’ll also sit tonight versus Minnesota and Sunday against Chicago.
After that, who knows?
Hedger reports that two x-rays have been taken and neither revealed a broken bone.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 23
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 21
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 39
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)