Mar 2, 2012, 1:41 PM EST
“I was hoping it was going to be a couple of days and I’d miss one game,” said Lidstrom. “But this is lingering longer than I was hoping for.”
When asked if he was concerned, Detroit’s top defenseman said, “A little bit, especially when it’s been almost a week now and it’s still sore.”
Lidstrom was hit by a slapshot Saturday against Colorado and was forced to miss Tuesday’s game in Columbus. He’ll also sit tonight versus Minnesota and Sunday against Chicago.
After that, who knows?
Hedger reports that two x-rays have been taken and neither revealed a broken bone.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 18
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)