Mar 2, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
“I was hoping it was going to be a couple of days and I’d miss one game,” said Lidstrom. “But this is lingering longer than I was hoping for.”
When asked if he was concerned, Detroit’s top defenseman said, “A little bit, especially when it’s been almost a week now and it’s still sore.”
Lidstrom was hit by a slapshot Saturday against Colorado and was forced to miss Tuesday’s game in Columbus. He’ll also sit tonight versus Minnesota and Sunday against Chicago.
After that, who knows?
Hedger reports that two x-rays have been taken and neither revealed a broken bone.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)