Mar 2, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Week after week, Don Cherry sets Twitter abuzz with bewilderment, amusement and everything in between during his Coach’s Corner segments on Hockey Night in Canada. Now he – or perhaps some brave intern posing as him – will be able to interact with fans and the hockey world at large on the popular social media platform.
Cherry and Kathy Broderick, “Grapes’s good friend and producer on Hockey Night in Canada” will apparently be responsible for the @CoachsCornerCBC account.
Here’s a look at his avatar and what not:
One can only hope for:
- Behind the scenes looks at his wardrobe selection process.
- Late-night political statements that he might regret expressing the next morning.
- Boisterous debates about fighting, checks and other areas of manliness.
- Awkward digital kisses for Doug Gilmour.
Either that or he’ll go in the other direction by generally forgetting about his account altogether, which would be a bummer even parody accounts would likely continue to produce a CAPS LOCK-induced laugh or three.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)