Mar 2, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Week after week, Don Cherry sets Twitter abuzz with bewilderment, amusement and everything in between during his Coach’s Corner segments on Hockey Night in Canada. Now he – or perhaps some brave intern posing as him – will be able to interact with fans and the hockey world at large on the popular social media platform.
Cherry and Kathy Broderick, “Grapes’s good friend and producer on Hockey Night in Canada” will apparently be responsible for the @CoachsCornerCBC account.
Here’s a look at his avatar and what not:
One can only hope for:
- Behind the scenes looks at his wardrobe selection process.
- Late-night political statements that he might regret expressing the next morning.
- Boisterous debates about fighting, checks and other areas of manliness.
- Awkward digital kisses for Doug Gilmour.
Either that or he’ll go in the other direction by generally forgetting about his account altogether, which would be a bummer even parody accounts would likely continue to produce a CAPS LOCK-induced laugh or three.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 0
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 5
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 4
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 22
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 30
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2