Mar 2, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Week after week, Don Cherry sets Twitter abuzz with bewilderment, amusement and everything in between during his Coach’s Corner segments on Hockey Night in Canada. Now he – or perhaps some brave intern posing as him – will be able to interact with fans and the hockey world at large on the popular social media platform.
Cherry and Kathy Broderick, “Grapes’s good friend and producer on Hockey Night in Canada” will apparently be responsible for the @CoachsCornerCBC account.
Here’s a look at his avatar and what not:
One can only hope for:
- Behind the scenes looks at his wardrobe selection process.
- Late-night political statements that he might regret expressing the next morning.
- Boisterous debates about fighting, checks and other areas of manliness.
- Awkward digital kisses for Doug Gilmour.
Either that or he’ll go in the other direction by generally forgetting about his account altogether, which would be a bummer even parody accounts would likely continue to produce a CAPS LOCK-induced laugh or three.
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 1
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)