Mar 2, 2012, 2:18 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are fighting to solidify themselves as one of the West – and NHL’s – top teams, but the Vancouver Canucks might be able to argue that they’re the flat-out best. The Blues out-shot the Canucks 13-8 in the first period and gave Vancouver a tough fight but Roberto Luongo (29 saves) & Co. beat St. Louis at its own game 2-0.
It would be exhausting for the Canucks to fight their way back to the Stanley Cup finals once again, but after another gutty win and some solid trade deadline boosts, do you think they have it in them?
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32