Mar 1, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
On paper, a Minnesota Wild-Montreal Canadiens game should be as drab and depressing as the two teams’ current states. The beauty of sports is that a little violence and odd bounces can make even a seemingly bland game a hard-hitting, thrilling and weird 5-4 OT affair (which Montreal won), though.
“Questionable accuracy” might be high on the list of “reasons why the hip check is dying,” then.
(No. 1 reason, I’d guess: almost everyone skates really fast now.)
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63