Mar 1, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks head coach Todd McLellan is the latest victim of this relative rash of bench boss bruising as he’ll miss his second game behind the bench tonight, according to Eric Gilmore of NHL.com.
On the bright side, the non-suit-wearing members of the team seem to be getting healthier. Dominic Moore looks to reacquaint himself with his new teammates after missing four games with a lower-body injury while Gilmore reports that young phenom Logan Couture is a game-time decision.
Considering the fact that they’ll be facing a team that’s on the tail-end of back-to-back games in the Buffalo Sabres, the Sharks have a great chance to win the second contest of their current four-game homestand – even if their bright coach won’t be there to help.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 44
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)