Mar 1, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks head coach Todd McLellan is the latest victim of this relative rash of bench boss bruising as he’ll miss his second game behind the bench tonight, according to Eric Gilmore of NHL.com.
On the bright side, the non-suit-wearing members of the team seem to be getting healthier. Dominic Moore looks to reacquaint himself with his new teammates after missing four games with a lower-body injury while Gilmore reports that young phenom Logan Couture is a game-time decision.
Considering the fact that they’ll be facing a team that’s on the tail-end of back-to-back games in the Buffalo Sabres, the Sharks have a great chance to win the second contest of their current four-game homestand – even if their bright coach won’t be there to help.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)