Mar 1, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
San Jose Sharks head coach Todd McLellan is the latest victim of this relative rash of bench boss bruising as he’ll miss his second game behind the bench tonight, according to Eric Gilmore of NHL.com.
On the bright side, the non-suit-wearing members of the team seem to be getting healthier. Dominic Moore looks to reacquaint himself with his new teammates after missing four games with a lower-body injury while Gilmore reports that young phenom Logan Couture is a game-time decision.
Considering the fact that they’ll be facing a team that’s on the tail-end of back-to-back games in the Buffalo Sabres, the Sharks have a great chance to win the second contest of their current four-game homestand – even if their bright coach won’t be there to help.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)