Mar 1, 2012, 12:41 PM EDT
Smith went 11-0-0 with a .952 save percentage, helping the Coyotes catapult into the Pacific Division lead. Note to the Flyers: his contract expires July 1, 2013.
Karlsson racked up seven goals and 11 assists in 12 games for the Senators, all but clinching the scoring title among defensemen. Despite some questionable play in his own end and minimal time on the penalty kill, he’s also right in the race for the Norris Trophy. (I’d still vote for Shea Weber, but Karlsson’s making a strong case.)
Speaking of trophies, winning the Rocket Richard Trophy seems inevitable for Stamkos. The Lightning sniper scored 11 times in February, increasing his league-leading total to 44, seven clear of Evgeni Malkin.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 19
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5