Mar 1, 2012, 1:35 PM EST
According to the Dallas Morning News and ESPN Dallas, Stars forward Eric Nystrom won’t face any additional discipline for his hit on Pittsburgh defenseman Kris Letang during last night’s 4-3 shootout loss in Dallas.
The hit has caused great debate in the hockey community, largely because of the fierce argument it instigated between NHL on NBC analysts Mike Milbury and Jeremy Roenick:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Nystrom received a two-minute roughing penalty for the hit; Letang left the contest and did not return. While holding Letang out was precautionary given his concussion history (he missed 21 games earlier this season with one), the Penguins have officially listed him as day-to-day.
Dallas GM Joe Nieuwendyk spoke to the Morning News about the league’s decision.
“They just said they had looked at it and there were no grounds for a suspension,” Nieuwendyk said. “It was just a hockey play, that’s how I saw it.”
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 34
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)