Mar 1, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Callahan sustained the injury blocking a shot in New York’s 2-0 win over the Devils on Monday, limiting him to under 15 minutes of ice time (despite this, he still managed to register a goal and an assist while dishing out six hits.) Since then, Gross reports Callahan has been held out of a myriad of team activities — he missed Wednesday’s practice, his scheduled appearance on WFAN radio and the Rangers’ annual casino night.
Callahan did travel with the team for a Thursday-Friday back-to-back in Carolina and Tampa Bay, but head coach John Tortorella was evasive when it came to updating his captain’s status. The 26-year-old RW hasn’t missed a game this year, a strong rebound campaign after missing 19 games last season with a broken hand.
UPDATE: Katie Strang of ESPN New York reports that Callahan will miss Thursday’s game against Carolina with a bruised foot.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46