Mar 1, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Callahan sustained the injury blocking a shot in New York’s 2-0 win over the Devils on Monday, limiting him to under 15 minutes of ice time (despite this, he still managed to register a goal and an assist while dishing out six hits.) Since then, Gross reports Callahan has been held out of a myriad of team activities — he missed Wednesday’s practice, his scheduled appearance on WFAN radio and the Rangers’ annual casino night.
Callahan did travel with the team for a Thursday-Friday back-to-back in Carolina and Tampa Bay, but head coach John Tortorella was evasive when it came to updating his captain’s status. The 26-year-old RW hasn’t missed a game this year, a strong rebound campaign after missing 19 games last season with a broken hand.
UPDATE: Katie Strang of ESPN New York reports that Callahan will miss Thursday’s game against Carolina with a bruised foot.
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 9
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 2
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 44
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP