Mar 1, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Callahan sustained the injury blocking a shot in New York’s 2-0 win over the Devils on Monday, limiting him to under 15 minutes of ice time (despite this, he still managed to register a goal and an assist while dishing out six hits.) Since then, Gross reports Callahan has been held out of a myriad of team activities — he missed Wednesday’s practice, his scheduled appearance on WFAN radio and the Rangers’ annual casino night.
Callahan did travel with the team for a Thursday-Friday back-to-back in Carolina and Tampa Bay, but head coach John Tortorella was evasive when it came to updating his captain’s status. The 26-year-old RW hasn’t missed a game this year, a strong rebound campaign after missing 19 games last season with a broken hand.
UPDATE: Katie Strang of ESPN New York reports that Callahan will miss Thursday’s game against Carolina with a bruised foot.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 8
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 27
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)