Mar 1, 2012, 1:42 PM EST
For Sabres fans who keep waiting for the 6-foot-8 defenseman to add some nasty to his game, it was a start.
“It’s nice to finally get it out of the way,” Myers told The Buffalo News. “You could tell I didn’t really know what I was doing out there, but it’s always good to get the first one out of the way. Now if it presents itself again, I’ll have a little bit of an understanding of how to approach it.”
Myers was one of the Sabres who failed to respond after Milan Lucic ran over Ryan Miller, and given his size, it was hard to escape criticism. Suffice to say Zdeno Chara and Chris Pronger – the two players Myers is constantly compared to – wouldn’t have been so docile.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 3
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 20
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27