Mar 1, 2012, 1:42 PM EST
For Sabres fans who keep waiting for the 6-foot-8 defenseman to add some nasty to his game, it was a start.
“It’s nice to finally get it out of the way,” Myers told The Buffalo News. “You could tell I didn’t really know what I was doing out there, but it’s always good to get the first one out of the way. Now if it presents itself again, I’ll have a little bit of an understanding of how to approach it.”
Myers was one of the Sabres who failed to respond after Milan Lucic ran over Ryan Miller, and given his size, it was hard to escape criticism. Suffice to say Zdeno Chara and Chris Pronger – the two players Myers is constantly compared to – wouldn’t have been so docile.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5