Mar 1, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT
For Sabres fans who keep waiting for the 6-foot-8 defenseman to add some nasty to his game, it was a start.
“It’s nice to finally get it out of the way,” Myers told The Buffalo News. “You could tell I didn’t really know what I was doing out there, but it’s always good to get the first one out of the way. Now if it presents itself again, I’ll have a little bit of an understanding of how to approach it.”
Myers was one of the Sabres who failed to respond after Milan Lucic ran over Ryan Miller, and given his size, it was hard to escape criticism. Suffice to say Zdeno Chara and Chris Pronger – the two players Myers is constantly compared to – wouldn’t have been so docile.
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 0
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 20
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 29
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24