Mar 1, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT
For Sabres fans who keep waiting for the 6-foot-8 defenseman to add some nasty to his game, it was a start.
“It’s nice to finally get it out of the way,” Myers told The Buffalo News. “You could tell I didn’t really know what I was doing out there, but it’s always good to get the first one out of the way. Now if it presents itself again, I’ll have a little bit of an understanding of how to approach it.”
Myers was one of the Sabres who failed to respond after Milan Lucic ran over Ryan Miller, and given his size, it was hard to escape criticism. Suffice to say Zdeno Chara and Chris Pronger – the two players Myers is constantly compared to – wouldn’t have been so docile.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 46
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 123
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7