Mar 1, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
With nine points in their last five games, the Dallas Stars have vaulted into eighth place in the Western Conference. And on top of that, they might be getting their captain, Brenden Morrow, back for the stretch drive.
ESPNDallas.com reports that Morrow (out since Feb. 2 with neck and back issues) resumed skating today, and while he says he’s “nowhere near game shape,” at least he can start getting there now.
“It’s going to be skating and different movements that my body hasn’t been in and make sure I am not causing any pain, and then we’ll start getting in some practices, getting bumped around a bit,” he said. “I’ll take it slow at the beginning and then ramp it up before getting into a game.”
Morrow only has eight goals in 43 games, but when healthy the 33-year-old winger can bang, crash, and put the puck in the net.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25