Mar 1, 2012, 5:11 PM EST
With nine points in their last five games, the Dallas Stars have vaulted into eighth place in the Western Conference. And on top of that, they might be getting their captain, Brenden Morrow, back for the stretch drive.
ESPNDallas.com reports that Morrow (out since Feb. 2 with neck and back issues) resumed skating today, and while he says he’s “nowhere near game shape,” at least he can start getting there now.
“It’s going to be skating and different movements that my body hasn’t been in and make sure I am not causing any pain, and then we’ll start getting in some practices, getting bumped around a bit,” he said. “I’ll take it slow at the beginning and then ramp it up before getting into a game.”
Morrow only has eight goals in 43 games, but when healthy the 33-year-old winger can bang, crash, and put the puck in the net.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)