Mar 1, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
With nine points in their last five games, the Dallas Stars have vaulted into eighth place in the Western Conference. And on top of that, they might be getting their captain, Brenden Morrow, back for the stretch drive.
ESPNDallas.com reports that Morrow (out since Feb. 2 with neck and back issues) resumed skating today, and while he says he’s “nowhere near game shape,” at least he can start getting there now.
“It’s going to be skating and different movements that my body hasn’t been in and make sure I am not causing any pain, and then we’ll start getting in some practices, getting bumped around a bit,” he said. “I’ll take it slow at the beginning and then ramp it up before getting into a game.”
Morrow only has eight goals in 43 games, but when healthy the 33-year-old winger can bang, crash, and put the puck in the net.
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 2
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 56
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (57)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)