Mar 1, 2012, 5:11 PM EST
With nine points in their last five games, the Dallas Stars have vaulted into eighth place in the Western Conference. And on top of that, they might be getting their captain, Brenden Morrow, back for the stretch drive.
ESPNDallas.com reports that Morrow (out since Feb. 2 with neck and back issues) resumed skating today, and while he says he’s “nowhere near game shape,” at least he can start getting there now.
“It’s going to be skating and different movements that my body hasn’t been in and make sure I am not causing any pain, and then we’ll start getting in some practices, getting bumped around a bit,” he said. “I’ll take it slow at the beginning and then ramp it up before getting into a game.”
Morrow only has eight goals in 43 games, but when healthy the 33-year-old winger can bang, crash, and put the puck in the net.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)