Mar 1, 2012, 5:11 PM EST
With nine points in their last five games, the Dallas Stars have vaulted into eighth place in the Western Conference. And on top of that, they might be getting their captain, Brenden Morrow, back for the stretch drive.
ESPNDallas.com reports that Morrow (out since Feb. 2 with neck and back issues) resumed skating today, and while he says he’s “nowhere near game shape,” at least he can start getting there now.
“It’s going to be skating and different movements that my body hasn’t been in and make sure I am not causing any pain, and then we’ll start getting in some practices, getting bumped around a bit,” he said. “I’ll take it slow at the beginning and then ramp it up before getting into a game.”
Morrow only has eight goals in 43 games, but when healthy the 33-year-old winger can bang, crash, and put the puck in the net.
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 4
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 3
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)