Mar 1, 2012, 9:56 PM EDT
The two talented forwards have been struggling lately, but they exploded to power the Boston Bruins’ action-packed 4-3 overtime victory against the New Jersey Devils. Krejci scored a hat trick – including the OT winner – while Tyler Seguin (one goal, one assist) and Milan Lucic (two assists) compiled two-point nights.
February to forget
Going into February, Krejci was making a serious argument for “most underrated forward” status – at least with people who throw the term around a bit loosely. Things got ugly for him in the shortest month of the year as he had just two goals and zero assists in 13 games.
Seguin’s February wasn’t quite as rough, but the dynamic 20-year-old has had some serious issues finding the net. Seguin scored just one goal in the month (Feb. 5 against Washington) despite hammering 51 shots on net.
Perhaps the two forwards can eye the finish line now that the playoffs are barely a month away, as Krejci already has more points in March (three) than February (two) while Seguin matched his goal output from February tonight.
Let me ask, then: could a rejuvenated Seguin-Krejci combo make Boston fearsome again?
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)