Mar 1, 2012, 9:56 PM EST
The two talented forwards have been struggling lately, but they exploded to power the Boston Bruins’ action-packed 4-3 overtime victory against the New Jersey Devils. Krejci scored a hat trick – including the OT winner – while Tyler Seguin (one goal, one assist) and Milan Lucic (two assists) compiled two-point nights.
February to forget
Going into February, Krejci was making a serious argument for “most underrated forward” status – at least with people who throw the term around a bit loosely. Things got ugly for him in the shortest month of the year as he had just two goals and zero assists in 13 games.
Seguin’s February wasn’t quite as rough, but the dynamic 20-year-old has had some serious issues finding the net. Seguin scored just one goal in the month (Feb. 5 against Washington) despite hammering 51 shots on net.
Perhaps the two forwards can eye the finish line now that the playoffs are barely a month away, as Krejci already has more points in March (three) than February (two) while Seguin matched his goal output from February tonight.
Let me ask, then: could a rejuvenated Seguin-Krejci combo make Boston fearsome again?
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 0
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)