Mar 1, 2012, 9:56 PM EDT
The two talented forwards have been struggling lately, but they exploded to power the Boston Bruins’ action-packed 4-3 overtime victory against the New Jersey Devils. Krejci scored a hat trick – including the OT winner – while Tyler Seguin (one goal, one assist) and Milan Lucic (two assists) compiled two-point nights.
February to forget
Going into February, Krejci was making a serious argument for “most underrated forward” status – at least with people who throw the term around a bit loosely. Things got ugly for him in the shortest month of the year as he had just two goals and zero assists in 13 games.
Seguin’s February wasn’t quite as rough, but the dynamic 20-year-old has had some serious issues finding the net. Seguin scored just one goal in the month (Feb. 5 against Washington) despite hammering 51 shots on net.
Perhaps the two forwards can eye the finish line now that the playoffs are barely a month away, as Krejci already has more points in March (three) than February (two) while Seguin matched his goal output from February tonight.
Let me ask, then: could a rejuvenated Seguin-Krejci combo make Boston fearsome again?
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 20
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 25
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)