Mar 1, 2012, 9:56 PM EST
The two talented forwards have been struggling lately, but they exploded to power the Boston Bruins’ action-packed 4-3 overtime victory against the New Jersey Devils. Krejci scored a hat trick – including the OT winner – while Tyler Seguin (one goal, one assist) and Milan Lucic (two assists) compiled two-point nights.
February to forget
Going into February, Krejci was making a serious argument for “most underrated forward” status – at least with people who throw the term around a bit loosely. Things got ugly for him in the shortest month of the year as he had just two goals and zero assists in 13 games.
Seguin’s February wasn’t quite as rough, but the dynamic 20-year-old has had some serious issues finding the net. Seguin scored just one goal in the month (Feb. 5 against Washington) despite hammering 51 shots on net.
Perhaps the two forwards can eye the finish line now that the playoffs are barely a month away, as Krejci already has more points in March (three) than February (two) while Seguin matched his goal output from February tonight.
Let me ask, then: could a rejuvenated Seguin-Krejci combo make Boston fearsome again?
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 52
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)