Mar 1, 2012, 8:23 PM EDT
Injuries have been one of the 22-year-old forward’s biggest issues already, but now he has another hurdle to clear. Van Riemsdyk broke his left foot while blocking a shot in tonight’s game against the New York Islanders and (obviously) won’t return to action.
Update: Frank Seravalli passes along a report that the initial timetable is six to eight weeks, but that’s not official.
JVR’s production has been disappointing so far in 2011-12, but the Flyers might miss him if he cannot get healthy by the playoffs in April. That’s the time when he made his money last year, after all.
It’s not all bad news for the Flyers franchise tonight, however, as Jaromir Jagr collected a goal and assist already to stand alone in eighth place all-time among NHL points scorers. More on that once it’s determined how far he’ll finish the night ahead of now-ninth place legend Joe Sakic.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50