Mar 1, 2012, 8:23 PM EDT
Injuries have been one of the 22-year-old forward’s biggest issues already, but now he has another hurdle to clear. Van Riemsdyk broke his left foot while blocking a shot in tonight’s game against the New York Islanders and (obviously) won’t return to action.
Update: Frank Seravalli passes along a report that the initial timetable is six to eight weeks, but that’s not official.
JVR’s production has been disappointing so far in 2011-12, but the Flyers might miss him if he cannot get healthy by the playoffs in April. That’s the time when he made his money last year, after all.
It’s not all bad news for the Flyers franchise tonight, however, as Jaromir Jagr collected a goal and assist already to stand alone in eighth place all-time among NHL points scorers. More on that once it’s determined how far he’ll finish the night ahead of now-ninth place legend Joe Sakic.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)