Mar 1, 2012, 7:49 PM EST
Call me a cynic – Okay, take a number to call me a cynic – but the more agent Ritch Winter denies on Twitter that he asked for a trade for Cody Hodgson, the more I believe there’s fire in all that billowing smoke engulfing the 22-year-old’s did-he-or-didn’t-he exit from the Vancouver Canucks.
In case you don’t follow @hockeyagentdad, here’s what Winter tweeted yesterday:
Along those same lines, here’s what he tweeted today:
(Note: Mike = Canucks GM Mike Gillis)
But here’s where it gets curious — Winter also tweeted that Hodgson “had a great meeting” with Canucks coach Alain Vigneault on Saturday. Just one problem with that assertion — Vigneault says there was no meeting.
“We played Friday in Jersey, we flew Friday to Dallas and had an afternoon game on Sunday in Dallas, so I definitely didn’t meet anybody Saturday,” said Vigneault. “That being said, Cody is now gone and we’re going to wish him the best of luck and we really hope it works out for him.”
And when Winter was pressed on it by Jim Jamieson of The Province?
Anyway, it’s all very strange. Combine the above with Gillis’ reluctance to comment and, well, it should be fun when Hodgson and the Sabres are in town Saturday.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35