Mar 1, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Eight months after being violently separated from each other despite dual long-term contracts in Philadelphia, Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi decided to pull the trigger on a deal that reunited Jeff Carter and Mike Richards.
Lombardi provided this interesting quote to Kings reporter Rich Hammond regarding what some might label a risky move to bring them back together.
“Knowing these kids as people, deep down I think they are your classic Canadian boys who will dream of winning the Stanley Cup,’’ Lombardi said. “That will never leave them. Get some stuff out of your system and get back on track. You’re banking on what’s deeply inside of them, and they can get sidetracked like any young person.”
In his first two games as a King, Carter has been unable to register a point while Los Angeles lost a close one to Nashville and pounded Minnesota. A fairly large gap between games (Tuesday to Saturday) should give Carter a little time to digest the changes and take care of the little-but-actually-kinda-big-adjustments any player goes through after being moved.
And yes, maybe he’ll take the chance to “celebrate” the fact that he’s back with his old buddy and once-again teammate Richards.
(Click here to read that story, which is jam-packed with interesting details and quotes.)
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 38
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7