Mar 1, 2012, 8:30 AM EST
Eight months after being violently separated from each other despite dual long-term contracts in Philadelphia, Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi decided to pull the trigger on a deal that reunited Jeff Carter and Mike Richards.
Lombardi provided this interesting quote to Kings reporter Rich Hammond regarding what some might label a risky move to bring them back together.
“Knowing these kids as people, deep down I think they are your classic Canadian boys who will dream of winning the Stanley Cup,’’ Lombardi said. “That will never leave them. Get some stuff out of your system and get back on track. You’re banking on what’s deeply inside of them, and they can get sidetracked like any young person.”
In his first two games as a King, Carter has been unable to register a point while Los Angeles lost a close one to Nashville and pounded Minnesota. A fairly large gap between games (Tuesday to Saturday) should give Carter a little time to digest the changes and take care of the little-but-actually-kinda-big-adjustments any player goes through after being moved.
And yes, maybe he’ll take the chance to “celebrate” the fact that he’s back with his old buddy and once-again teammate Richards.
(Click here to read that story, which is jam-packed with interesting details and quotes.)
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)