Mar 1, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Eight months after being violently separated from each other despite dual long-term contracts in Philadelphia, Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi decided to pull the trigger on a deal that reunited Jeff Carter and Mike Richards.
Lombardi provided this interesting quote to Kings reporter Rich Hammond regarding what some might label a risky move to bring them back together.
“Knowing these kids as people, deep down I think they are your classic Canadian boys who will dream of winning the Stanley Cup,’’ Lombardi said. “That will never leave them. Get some stuff out of your system and get back on track. You’re banking on what’s deeply inside of them, and they can get sidetracked like any young person.”
In his first two games as a King, Carter has been unable to register a point while Los Angeles lost a close one to Nashville and pounded Minnesota. A fairly large gap between games (Tuesday to Saturday) should give Carter a little time to digest the changes and take care of the little-but-actually-kinda-big-adjustments any player goes through after being moved.
And yes, maybe he’ll take the chance to “celebrate” the fact that he’s back with his old buddy and once-again teammate Richards.
(Click here to read that story, which is jam-packed with interesting details and quotes.)
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 50
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)