Mar 1, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Eight months after being violently separated from each other despite dual long-term contracts in Philadelphia, Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi decided to pull the trigger on a deal that reunited Jeff Carter and Mike Richards.
Lombardi provided this interesting quote to Kings reporter Rich Hammond regarding what some might label a risky move to bring them back together.
“Knowing these kids as people, deep down I think they are your classic Canadian boys who will dream of winning the Stanley Cup,’’ Lombardi said. “That will never leave them. Get some stuff out of your system and get back on track. You’re banking on what’s deeply inside of them, and they can get sidetracked like any young person.”
In his first two games as a King, Carter has been unable to register a point while Los Angeles lost a close one to Nashville and pounded Minnesota. A fairly large gap between games (Tuesday to Saturday) should give Carter a little time to digest the changes and take care of the little-but-actually-kinda-big-adjustments any player goes through after being moved.
And yes, maybe he’ll take the chance to “celebrate” the fact that he’s back with his old buddy and once-again teammate Richards.
(Click here to read that story, which is jam-packed with interesting details and quotes.)
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)