Feb 29, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins don’t visit the Dallas Stars very often, but Eric Nystrom might just make it easy for the two teams to find some vitriol in their rare matches. Nystrom knocked Penguins defenseman Kris Letang out of tonight’s game with this hit, which will surely be debated in many hockey circles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not debatable: this hit has scary implications for Letang and the Penguins since the defenseman already fought off a concussion thanks to a Max Pacioretty hit this season. (Note: it’s too early to know if that’s what Letang is dealing with, but it’s the natural fear.)
Debatable: the punishment that Nystrom deserves. Should he be suspended, fined or merely draw Pittsburgh’s ire for the rest of this game? Let us know in the comments.
For what it’s worth, Mike Milbury thinks that Nystrom should sit five games for the hit:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5