Feb 29, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins don’t visit the Dallas Stars very often, but Eric Nystrom might just make it easy for the two teams to find some vitriol in their rare matches. Nystrom knocked Penguins defenseman Kris Letang out of tonight’s game with this hit, which will surely be debated in many hockey circles:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not debatable: this hit has scary implications for Letang and the Penguins since the defenseman already fought off a concussion thanks to a Max Pacioretty hit this season. (Note: it’s too early to know if that’s what Letang is dealing with, but it’s the natural fear.)
Debatable: the punishment that Nystrom deserves. Should he be suspended, fined or merely draw Pittsburgh’s ire for the rest of this game? Let us know in the comments.
For what it’s worth, Mike Milbury thinks that Nystrom should sit five games for the hit:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24