Feb 29, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
From the official website of Washington Capitals owner Ted Leonsis:
Now before we go speculating that Washington’s play has driven Leonsis to the brink of madness (next picture: Ted wearing Kleenex box slippers), there is a back story here:
My friend Seth Hurwitz gave me a Caps poncho that he bought in Mexico – it is so ugly it is beautiful. He insisted I wear it to rally the team! I did – and boom – we get the two points!
Thank you Seth! Rally Poncho!
Upon learning of Leonsis’ lucky poncho, Terry Pegula demanded a Sabres sombrero.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 1
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 28
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)