Feb 29, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
From the official website of Washington Capitals owner Ted Leonsis:
Now before we go speculating that Washington’s play has driven Leonsis to the brink of madness (next picture: Ted wearing Kleenex box slippers), there is a back story here:
My friend Seth Hurwitz gave me a Caps poncho that he bought in Mexico – it is so ugly it is beautiful. He insisted I wear it to rally the team! I did – and boom – we get the two points!
Thank you Seth! Rally Poncho!
Upon learning of Leonsis’ lucky poncho, Terry Pegula demanded a Sabres sombrero.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)