Feb 29, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
While the Bruins lost a tough one to Ottawa last night 1-0, the game’s other storyline didn’t come to fruition either.
After getting lit up by Kyle Turris in their last meeting, Joe Corvo talked a lot about how he was going to get him for it. Corvo backed off of that declaration saying he had “foot-in-mouth” disease but it’s not as if Corvo would turn down the chance to settle the score.
While Turris said he’d defend himself if he had to, his teammates weren’t about to let that happen. Corvo asked about a fight during the game and was given the expected response by the Senators as Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com found out.
“His teammates said he wasn’t going to fight me, so that’s it,” said Corvo, who also added Brendan Shanahan to his cast of recurring characters. “I wasn’t going to be the idiot chasing him around.”
That’s probably all for the best for Corvo because making statements saying you’re going to give a guy some payback is an easy way to land on the NHL’s radar for a suspension. Instead, Corvo had to settle for seeing Milan Lucic lay a big hit on Turris during the game to make up for it.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 26
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 19
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22