Feb 29, 2012, 9:23 AM EST
While the Bruins lost a tough one to Ottawa last night 1-0, the game’s other storyline didn’t come to fruition either.
After getting lit up by Kyle Turris in their last meeting, Joe Corvo talked a lot about how he was going to get him for it. Corvo backed off of that declaration saying he had “foot-in-mouth” disease but it’s not as if Corvo would turn down the chance to settle the score.
While Turris said he’d defend himself if he had to, his teammates weren’t about to let that happen. Corvo asked about a fight during the game and was given the expected response by the Senators as Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com found out.
“His teammates said he wasn’t going to fight me, so that’s it,” said Corvo, who also added Brendan Shanahan to his cast of recurring characters. “I wasn’t going to be the idiot chasing him around.”
That’s probably all for the best for Corvo because making statements saying you’re going to give a guy some payback is an easy way to land on the NHL’s radar for a suspension. Instead, Corvo had to settle for seeing Milan Lucic lay a big hit on Turris during the game to make up for it.
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 5
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 43
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 50
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 52
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 15
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)