Feb 29, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
While the Bruins lost a tough one to Ottawa last night 1-0, the game’s other storyline didn’t come to fruition either.
After getting lit up by Kyle Turris in their last meeting, Joe Corvo talked a lot about how he was going to get him for it. Corvo backed off of that declaration saying he had “foot-in-mouth” disease but it’s not as if Corvo would turn down the chance to settle the score.
While Turris said he’d defend himself if he had to, his teammates weren’t about to let that happen. Corvo asked about a fight during the game and was given the expected response by the Senators as Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com found out.
“His teammates said he wasn’t going to fight me, so that’s it,” said Corvo, who also added Brendan Shanahan to his cast of recurring characters. “I wasn’t going to be the idiot chasing him around.”
That’s probably all for the best for Corvo because making statements saying you’re going to give a guy some payback is an easy way to land on the NHL’s radar for a suspension. Instead, Corvo had to settle for seeing Milan Lucic lay a big hit on Turris during the game to make up for it.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 3
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 13
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)