Feb 29, 2012, 9:23 AM EDT
While the Bruins lost a tough one to Ottawa last night 1-0, the game’s other storyline didn’t come to fruition either.
After getting lit up by Kyle Turris in their last meeting, Joe Corvo talked a lot about how he was going to get him for it. Corvo backed off of that declaration saying he had “foot-in-mouth” disease but it’s not as if Corvo would turn down the chance to settle the score.
While Turris said he’d defend himself if he had to, his teammates weren’t about to let that happen. Corvo asked about a fight during the game and was given the expected response by the Senators as Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com found out.
“His teammates said he wasn’t going to fight me, so that’s it,” said Corvo, who also added Brendan Shanahan to his cast of recurring characters. “I wasn’t going to be the idiot chasing him around.”
That’s probably all for the best for Corvo because making statements saying you’re going to give a guy some payback is an easy way to land on the NHL’s radar for a suspension. Instead, Corvo had to settle for seeing Milan Lucic lay a big hit on Turris during the game to make up for it.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 39
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7