Feb 29, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
The Lightning were already dealing with some nasty injuries to their lineup. Mattias Ohlund, Vincent Lecavalier, and Victor Hedman are all banged up. Making matters worse, a wicked stomach flu bug is running rampant through the locker room.
Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune shares the gory details of health turned upside down.
Nate Thompson and Brendan Mikkelson missed the morning skate with a stomach virus and were scratched against the Canadiens. Tim Wallace, who made his Tampa Bay debut Saturday in Pittsburgh, also was sidelined as the coaching staff scrambled to find 18 healthy skaters.
Things are so out of control that the Lightning had to cancel a media event thanks to the outbreak. You have to think that puking your guts out doesn’t make for much of a photo op. Illness always goes through a locker room like crazy but seeing three guys knocked out of action is impressive for all the wrong reasons.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)