Feb 29, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
The Lightning were already dealing with some nasty injuries to their lineup. Mattias Ohlund, Vincent Lecavalier, and Victor Hedman are all banged up. Making matters worse, a wicked stomach flu bug is running rampant through the locker room.
Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune shares the gory details of health turned upside down.
Nate Thompson and Brendan Mikkelson missed the morning skate with a stomach virus and were scratched against the Canadiens. Tim Wallace, who made his Tampa Bay debut Saturday in Pittsburgh, also was sidelined as the coaching staff scrambled to find 18 healthy skaters.
Things are so out of control that the Lightning had to cancel a media event thanks to the outbreak. You have to think that puking your guts out doesn’t make for much of a photo op. Illness always goes through a locker room like crazy but seeing three guys knocked out of action is impressive for all the wrong reasons.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 7
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)