Feb 29, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
The Lightning were already dealing with some nasty injuries to their lineup. Mattias Ohlund, Vincent Lecavalier, and Victor Hedman are all banged up. Making matters worse, a wicked stomach flu bug is running rampant through the locker room.
Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune shares the gory details of health turned upside down.
Nate Thompson and Brendan Mikkelson missed the morning skate with a stomach virus and were scratched against the Canadiens. Tim Wallace, who made his Tampa Bay debut Saturday in Pittsburgh, also was sidelined as the coaching staff scrambled to find 18 healthy skaters.
Things are so out of control that the Lightning had to cancel a media event thanks to the outbreak. You have to think that puking your guts out doesn’t make for much of a photo op. Illness always goes through a locker room like crazy but seeing three guys knocked out of action is impressive for all the wrong reasons.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 3
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 31
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)