Feb 29, 2012, 10:12 AM EDT
You’d like to think that hitting an empty net would be an easy thing to do in hockey. There’s no goalie there to stop the puck and all you have to do is poke it home. Erik Condra of the Ottawa Senators, however, would like to show you how it’s not as easy as it sounds.
During the second period of Ottawa’s 1-0 win over Boston, Condra had the puck on his stick with Tim Thomas well out of position to stop a shot that would’ve made it 2-0 at the time. Instead, Thomas caught a break because Condra yacked on the shot. Check out the tape.
Of course, Condra’s miss didn’t cost his team the game thanks to Robin Lehner pitching a shutout which makes Condra way less famous than former Dallas Stars goat Patrik Stefan. Stefan had a truly empty net to ice the game and ended up going down in history as Ray Ferraro’s point of contention.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)