Feb 29, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
L.A. Kings goal scorer Dustin Penner’s aspiring actress wife has filed for divorce … and TMZ has learned it’s her SECOND failed marriage to a pro hockey player.
Her name’s Jessica Welch — don’t bother looking up her IMDb profile — and she was married to former NHL star Richard Zednik from 2005-2009 … the guy who accidentally got his throat slit with a skate in 2008. The couple had one daughter together.
Two years later in 2011, Jessica married Dustin — who won the Stanley Cup with the Anaheim Ducks in 2007.
Now, Jessica has filed for divorce AGAIN in L.A. County Superior Court — citing “irreconcilable differences.” Dustin and Jessica have no children together.
Penner, as you may recall, famously injured his back while leaning over “to dip into some delicious pancakes that my wife made.” That led to a series of memes, including the Kings’ Pancakes with Penner promotion at a California-based IHOP.
Flapjacks proved to be one of the few light moments from Penner’s dour campaign. In the final season of a deal that pays $4.25 million annually, he’s having one of the worst “playing for a contract” efforts ever with just five goals in 57 games, repeatedly drawing the ire of Kings head coach Darryl Sutter.
“[Penner] better step up to the plate. It’s very simple,” Sutter said earlier this month, explaining why Penner was a healthy scratch. “He went out of the lineup because he was horse [expletive], so he’d better step up to the plate or he might not get another look.”
By the way, I looked up Welch’s IMDB page despite TMZ telling me not to. So glad I did. She’s starred in such movies as Cheech (Tagline: “There’s no sympathy for a pimp”) and Bonnano: A Godfather’s Story — featuring Martin Landau, Costas Mandylor and Edward James Olmos!
(Picture courtesy The Big Lead.)
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)