Feb 29, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
L.A. Kings goal scorer Dustin Penner’s aspiring actress wife has filed for divorce … and TMZ has learned it’s her SECOND failed marriage to a pro hockey player.
Her name’s Jessica Welch — don’t bother looking up her IMDb profile — and she was married to former NHL star Richard Zednik from 2005-2009 … the guy who accidentally got his throat slit with a skate in 2008. The couple had one daughter together.
Two years later in 2011, Jessica married Dustin — who won the Stanley Cup with the Anaheim Ducks in 2007.
Now, Jessica has filed for divorce AGAIN in L.A. County Superior Court — citing “irreconcilable differences.” Dustin and Jessica have no children together.
Penner, as you may recall, famously injured his back while leaning over “to dip into some delicious pancakes that my wife made.” That led to a series of memes, including the Kings’ Pancakes with Penner promotion at a California-based IHOP.
Flapjacks proved to be one of the few light moments from Penner’s dour campaign. In the final season of a deal that pays $4.25 million annually, he’s having one of the worst “playing for a contract” efforts ever with just five goals in 57 games, repeatedly drawing the ire of Kings head coach Darryl Sutter.
“[Penner] better step up to the plate. It’s very simple,” Sutter said earlier this month, explaining why Penner was a healthy scratch. “He went out of the lineup because he was horse [expletive], so he’d better step up to the plate or he might not get another look.”
By the way, I looked up Welch’s IMDB page despite TMZ telling me not to. So glad I did. She’s starred in such movies as Cheech (Tagline: “There’s no sympathy for a pimp”) and Bonnano: A Godfather’s Story — featuring Martin Landau, Costas Mandylor and Edward James Olmos!
(Picture courtesy The Big Lead.)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)