Feb 29, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
L.A. Kings goal scorer Dustin Penner’s aspiring actress wife has filed for divorce … and TMZ has learned it’s her SECOND failed marriage to a pro hockey player.
Her name’s Jessica Welch — don’t bother looking up her IMDb profile — and she was married to former NHL star Richard Zednik from 2005-2009 … the guy who accidentally got his throat slit with a skate in 2008. The couple had one daughter together.
Two years later in 2011, Jessica married Dustin — who won the Stanley Cup with the Anaheim Ducks in 2007.
Now, Jessica has filed for divorce AGAIN in L.A. County Superior Court — citing “irreconcilable differences.” Dustin and Jessica have no children together.
Penner, as you may recall, famously injured his back while leaning over “to dip into some delicious pancakes that my wife made.” That led to a series of memes, including the Kings’ Pancakes with Penner promotion at a California-based IHOP.
Flapjacks proved to be one of the few light moments from Penner’s dour campaign. In the final season of a deal that pays $4.25 million annually, he’s having one of the worst “playing for a contract” efforts ever with just five goals in 57 games, repeatedly drawing the ire of Kings head coach Darryl Sutter.
“[Penner] better step up to the plate. It’s very simple,” Sutter said earlier this month, explaining why Penner was a healthy scratch. “He went out of the lineup because he was horse [expletive], so he’d better step up to the plate or he might not get another look.”
By the way, I looked up Welch’s IMDB page despite TMZ telling me not to. So glad I did. She’s starred in such movies as Cheech (Tagline: “There’s no sympathy for a pimp”) and Bonnano: A Godfather’s Story — featuring Martin Landau, Costas Mandylor and Edward James Olmos!
(Picture courtesy The Big Lead.)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25