Feb 29, 2012, 12:07 PM EST
L.A. Kings goal scorer Dustin Penner’s aspiring actress wife has filed for divorce … and TMZ has learned it’s her SECOND failed marriage to a pro hockey player.
Her name’s Jessica Welch — don’t bother looking up her IMDb profile — and she was married to former NHL star Richard Zednik from 2005-2009 … the guy who accidentally got his throat slit with a skate in 2008. The couple had one daughter together.
Two years later in 2011, Jessica married Dustin — who won the Stanley Cup with the Anaheim Ducks in 2007.
Now, Jessica has filed for divorce AGAIN in L.A. County Superior Court — citing “irreconcilable differences.” Dustin and Jessica have no children together.
Penner, as you may recall, famously injured his back while leaning over “to dip into some delicious pancakes that my wife made.” That led to a series of memes, including the Kings’ Pancakes with Penner promotion at a California-based IHOP.
Flapjacks proved to be one of the few light moments from Penner’s dour campaign. In the final season of a deal that pays $4.25 million annually, he’s having one of the worst “playing for a contract” efforts ever with just five goals in 57 games, repeatedly drawing the ire of Kings head coach Darryl Sutter.
“[Penner] better step up to the plate. It’s very simple,” Sutter said earlier this month, explaining why Penner was a healthy scratch. “He went out of the lineup because he was horse [expletive], so he’d better step up to the plate or he might not get another look.”
By the way, I looked up Welch’s IMDB page despite TMZ telling me not to. So glad I did. She’s starred in such movies as Cheech (Tagline: “There’s no sympathy for a pimp”) and Bonnano: A Godfather’s Story — featuring Martin Landau, Costas Mandylor and Edward James Olmos!
(Picture courtesy The Big Lead.)
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5