Feb 28, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
With 16 deals involving 32 players, the 2011-12 NHL trade deadline featured plenty of number switches. Here’s a quick rundown of who will be wearing what heading into Tuesday’s play.
In a weird twist, Zack Kassian has opted for No. 9 — the same number Cody Hodgson (the guy Kassian was traded for) wore this season. Marc-Andre Gragnani will wear No. 5 (his Buffalo number, 17, is worn by Ryan Kesler) while Samuel Pahlsson will wear No. 26, a number he’s had since 2001.
No word on what number Jamie McGinn will wear. He’s probably free to keep his No. 64, though — he’d become the first-ever Avalanche player to wear it if he does.
New York Rangers
John Scott will wear No. 28 after donning No. 36 with Minnesota and, most recently, No. 32 with the Blackhawks.
Brian Rolston turned back the clock and chose No. 12, the same number he wore with the Bruins from 2000-04. (Note: the last Boston player to wear No. 12 was Tomas Kaberle…maybe it’s not too late for Rolston to switch.) Mike Mottau is wearing No. 27 like he did in New Jersey, while Greg Zanon is No. 6.
Matt Gilroy will continue to wear No. 97, becoming the highest jersey number in Senators history. Prior to Gilroy, the honor went to Stan Neckar (94), Mika Zibanejad (93), Alexandre Daigle (91) and Mike Comrie (89).
The Oilers Twitter feed says Nick Schultz will wear No. 15, becoming the 31st Oiler to wear that number — a long, illustrious list that includes Alex Tidey, Miroslav Frycer, Tomas Srsen and Joe Hulbig. For some reason, No. 15 has been out of circulation since Joffrey Lupul wore it in 2007.
Tom Gilbert had no problems retaining his No. 77. No Wild player has worn it since Lubomir Sekeras from 2001-03.
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 2
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)