Feb 28, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
After seeing the Washington Capitals play it cool at the dealine and not find new homes for veterans Mike Knuble and Roman Hamrlik, the day after is proving to be as awkward as the morning after drunken hook-up.
Following the team’s morning skate, coach Dale Hunter revealed that Knuble, Hamrlik, and John Erskine would all be healthy scratches for tonight’s game against the Islanders.
As Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com found out, it’s something Knuble isn’t all that excited about.
When they retreated to the locker room, Knuble and Hamrlik declined to talk to reporters.
“There’s nothing to talk about,” Knuble said to a cameraman.
At least before the deadline Knuble had the hope he might be exiled from Washington in favor of a team that could use his services. Now at 39-years-old and winding down his career, it’s shaping up to be a potentially frustrating final season for the veteran power forward as it appears that Hunter will keep on going without Knuble in his starting lineup.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (107)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)