Feb 28, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
After seeing the Washington Capitals play it cool at the dealine and not find new homes for veterans Mike Knuble and Roman Hamrlik, the day after is proving to be as awkward as the morning after drunken hook-up.
Following the team’s morning skate, coach Dale Hunter revealed that Knuble, Hamrlik, and John Erskine would all be healthy scratches for tonight’s game against the Islanders.
As Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com found out, it’s something Knuble isn’t all that excited about.
When they retreated to the locker room, Knuble and Hamrlik declined to talk to reporters.
“There’s nothing to talk about,” Knuble said to a cameraman.
At least before the deadline Knuble had the hope he might be exiled from Washington in favor of a team that could use his services. Now at 39-years-old and winding down his career, it’s shaping up to be a potentially frustrating final season for the veteran power forward as it appears that Hunter will keep on going without Knuble in his starting lineup.
- Video: Flyers’ Voracek gets profane about disallowed goal 0
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 13
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)