Feb 28, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT
After seeing the Washington Capitals play it cool at the dealine and not find new homes for veterans Mike Knuble and Roman Hamrlik, the day after is proving to be as awkward as the morning after drunken hook-up.
Following the team’s morning skate, coach Dale Hunter revealed that Knuble, Hamrlik, and John Erskine would all be healthy scratches for tonight’s game against the Islanders.
As Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com found out, it’s something Knuble isn’t all that excited about.
When they retreated to the locker room, Knuble and Hamrlik declined to talk to reporters.
“There’s nothing to talk about,” Knuble said to a cameraman.
At least before the deadline Knuble had the hope he might be exiled from Washington in favor of a team that could use his services. Now at 39-years-old and winding down his career, it’s shaping up to be a potentially frustrating final season for the veteran power forward as it appears that Hunter will keep on going without Knuble in his starting lineup.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)