Feb 28, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
Lidstrom did not participate in today’s morning skate and he’ll be out of action against the Blue Jackets tonight with an ankle injury as Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports. Lidstrom hurt his ankle Saturday night after getting hit by a puck. The last time Lidstrom missed a game was just before the All-Star break when the Red Wings were thrashed by the Canadiens in Montreal 7-2.
Detroit recalled Doug Janik from the AHL to take Lidstrom’s spot. Janik joins Brendan Smith in tonight’s lineup as Smith suits up in place of Kyle Quincey who is out with an groin injury. The Red Wings will roll with Smith, Janik, Jakub Kindl, Brad Stuart, Ian White, and Niklas Kronwall along the blue line.
Maybe the Wings would like a do-over on sending Mike Commodore to Tampa Bay after all.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 19
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)