Feb 28, 2012, 11:48 AM EST
Lidstrom did not participate in today’s morning skate and he’ll be out of action against the Blue Jackets tonight with an ankle injury as Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports. Lidstrom hurt his ankle Saturday night after getting hit by a puck. The last time Lidstrom missed a game was just before the All-Star break when the Red Wings were thrashed by the Canadiens in Montreal 7-2.
Detroit recalled Doug Janik from the AHL to take Lidstrom’s spot. Janik joins Brendan Smith in tonight’s lineup as Smith suits up in place of Kyle Quincey who is out with an groin injury. The Red Wings will roll with Smith, Janik, Jakub Kindl, Brad Stuart, Ian White, and Niklas Kronwall along the blue line.
Maybe the Wings would like a do-over on sending Mike Commodore to Tampa Bay after all.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 10
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 16
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)