Feb 28, 2012, 11:48 AM EST
Lidstrom did not participate in today’s morning skate and he’ll be out of action against the Blue Jackets tonight with an ankle injury as Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports. Lidstrom hurt his ankle Saturday night after getting hit by a puck. The last time Lidstrom missed a game was just before the All-Star break when the Red Wings were thrashed by the Canadiens in Montreal 7-2.
Detroit recalled Doug Janik from the AHL to take Lidstrom’s spot. Janik joins Brendan Smith in tonight’s lineup as Smith suits up in place of Kyle Quincey who is out with an groin injury. The Red Wings will roll with Smith, Janik, Jakub Kindl, Brad Stuart, Ian White, and Niklas Kronwall along the blue line.
Maybe the Wings would like a do-over on sending Mike Commodore to Tampa Bay after all.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 21
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 21
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 66
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (133)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (66)