Feb 28, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
Lidstrom did not participate in today’s morning skate and he’ll be out of action against the Blue Jackets tonight with an ankle injury as Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports. Lidstrom hurt his ankle Saturday night after getting hit by a puck. The last time Lidstrom missed a game was just before the All-Star break when the Red Wings were thrashed by the Canadiens in Montreal 7-2.
Detroit recalled Doug Janik from the AHL to take Lidstrom’s spot. Janik joins Brendan Smith in tonight’s lineup as Smith suits up in place of Kyle Quincey who is out with an groin injury. The Red Wings will roll with Smith, Janik, Jakub Kindl, Brad Stuart, Ian White, and Niklas Kronwall along the blue line.
Maybe the Wings would like a do-over on sending Mike Commodore to Tampa Bay after all.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50