Feb 28, 2012, 8:41 PM EST
In a way, the San Jose Sharks and TJ Galiardi are like two wounded puppies who’ve been united by yesterday’s trade. The Sharks are torn up after a grueling nine-game road trip while Galiardi had been a regular resident of Colorado Avalanche coach Joe Sacco’s doghouse.
Yet if you ask Joe Thornton and the rest of the Sharks about the speedy depth forward, they’ll think back to a better time for Galiardi. The scrappy winger was a big pain for Thornton & Co. in a contentious first round series against the Avalanche in 2010, which brought out some amusing memories from Jumbo Joe, via Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com:
“We definitely remember that Colorado series, and we didn’t like them very much and I’m sure they didn’t like us,” Thornton said. “I just remember TJ running around in that series pretty good, and I think everybody wanted to kill him, not just me.”
Good thing they didn’t kill him, though, because then they wouldn’t be able to play hockey and stuff.
Galiardi and Daniel Winnik will make their Sharks debuts against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight, which should provide an awfully fun night cap in NBC Sports Network’s Tuesday doubleheader.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)