Feb 28, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
In a way, the San Jose Sharks and TJ Galiardi are like two wounded puppies who’ve been united by yesterday’s trade. The Sharks are torn up after a grueling nine-game road trip while Galiardi had been a regular resident of Colorado Avalanche coach Joe Sacco’s doghouse.
Yet if you ask Joe Thornton and the rest of the Sharks about the speedy depth forward, they’ll think back to a better time for Galiardi. The scrappy winger was a big pain for Thornton & Co. in a contentious first round series against the Avalanche in 2010, which brought out some amusing memories from Jumbo Joe, via Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com:
“We definitely remember that Colorado series, and we didn’t like them very much and I’m sure they didn’t like us,” Thornton said. “I just remember TJ running around in that series pretty good, and I think everybody wanted to kill him, not just me.”
Good thing they didn’t kill him, though, because then they wouldn’t be able to play hockey and stuff.
Galiardi and Daniel Winnik will make their Sharks debuts against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight, which should provide an awfully fun night cap in NBC Sports Network’s Tuesday doubleheader.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)