Feb 28, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
In a way, the San Jose Sharks and TJ Galiardi are like two wounded puppies who’ve been united by yesterday’s trade. The Sharks are torn up after a grueling nine-game road trip while Galiardi had been a regular resident of Colorado Avalanche coach Joe Sacco’s doghouse.
Yet if you ask Joe Thornton and the rest of the Sharks about the speedy depth forward, they’ll think back to a better time for Galiardi. The scrappy winger was a big pain for Thornton & Co. in a contentious first round series against the Avalanche in 2010, which brought out some amusing memories from Jumbo Joe, via Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com:
“We definitely remember that Colorado series, and we didn’t like them very much and I’m sure they didn’t like us,” Thornton said. “I just remember TJ running around in that series pretty good, and I think everybody wanted to kill him, not just me.”
Good thing they didn’t kill him, though, because then they wouldn’t be able to play hockey and stuff.
Galiardi and Daniel Winnik will make their Sharks debuts against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight, which should provide an awfully fun night cap in NBC Sports Network’s Tuesday doubleheader.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 8
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 27
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)