Feb 28, 2012, 8:41 PM EST
In a way, the San Jose Sharks and TJ Galiardi are like two wounded puppies who’ve been united by yesterday’s trade. The Sharks are torn up after a grueling nine-game road trip while Galiardi had been a regular resident of Colorado Avalanche coach Joe Sacco’s doghouse.
Yet if you ask Joe Thornton and the rest of the Sharks about the speedy depth forward, they’ll think back to a better time for Galiardi. The scrappy winger was a big pain for Thornton & Co. in a contentious first round series against the Avalanche in 2010, which brought out some amusing memories from Jumbo Joe, via Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com:
“We definitely remember that Colorado series, and we didn’t like them very much and I’m sure they didn’t like us,” Thornton said. “I just remember TJ running around in that series pretty good, and I think everybody wanted to kill him, not just me.”
Good thing they didn’t kill him, though, because then they wouldn’t be able to play hockey and stuff.
Galiardi and Daniel Winnik will make their Sharks debuts against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight, which should provide an awfully fun night cap in NBC Sports Network’s Tuesday doubleheader.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (74)