Feb 27, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
Gilroy, 27, was in his first season with the Lighting after spending two years with the New York Rangers. The 2009 Hobey Baker winner had 17 points in 53 games this year for the Lightning, playing over 17 minutes a night on Tampa’s second pairing (behind Victor Hedman and Eric Brewer.)
Lee, 24, was Ottawa’s first-round selection at the 2005 draft (ninth overall). He was in and out of the Senators lineup this year, appearing in just 35 contests after suffering a lower-body injury in early January. Lee had 1G-7A-8PTS this year, averaging just over 13 minutes a game.
With the emergence of youngsters Erik Karlsson and Jared Cowen and the steadying presence of veterans like Sergei Gonchar, Filip Kuba and Chris Phillips, Lee struggled to find his niche on the Ottawa blueline — a problem he won’t face in Tampa, where gigs are pretty much up for grabs.
Gilroy is in the final year of a deal that pays $1 million annually and will be a UFA on July 1. Lee is an impending RFA, making $875,000 this season.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)