Feb 27, 2012, 2:16 PM EST
Gilroy, 27, was in his first season with the Lighting after spending two years with the New York Rangers. The 2009 Hobey Baker winner had 17 points in 53 games this year for the Lightning, playing over 17 minutes a night on Tampa’s second pairing (behind Victor Hedman and Eric Brewer.)
Lee, 24, was Ottawa’s first-round selection at the 2005 draft (ninth overall). He was in and out of the Senators lineup this year, appearing in just 35 contests after suffering a lower-body injury in early January. Lee had 1G-7A-8PTS this year, averaging just over 13 minutes a game.
With the emergence of youngsters Erik Karlsson and Jared Cowen and the steadying presence of veterans like Sergei Gonchar, Filip Kuba and Chris Phillips, Lee struggled to find his niche on the Ottawa blueline — a problem he won’t face in Tampa, where gigs are pretty much up for grabs.
Gilroy is in the final year of a deal that pays $1 million annually and will be a UFA on July 1. Lee is an impending RFA, making $875,000 this season.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)