Feb 27, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
Gilroy, 27, was in his first season with the Lighting after spending two years with the New York Rangers. The 2009 Hobey Baker winner had 17 points in 53 games this year for the Lightning, playing over 17 minutes a night on Tampa’s second pairing (behind Victor Hedman and Eric Brewer.)
Lee, 24, was Ottawa’s first-round selection at the 2005 draft (ninth overall). He was in and out of the Senators lineup this year, appearing in just 35 contests after suffering a lower-body injury in early January. Lee had 1G-7A-8PTS this year, averaging just over 13 minutes a game.
With the emergence of youngsters Erik Karlsson and Jared Cowen and the steadying presence of veterans like Sergei Gonchar, Filip Kuba and Chris Phillips, Lee struggled to find his niche on the Ottawa blueline — a problem he won’t face in Tampa, where gigs are pretty much up for grabs.
Gilroy is in the final year of a deal that pays $1 million annually and will be a UFA on July 1. Lee is an impending RFA, making $875,000 this season.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)